7.

the star challenge worked quite well yesterday. but still, it's surprising to see around 100 people reading the chapter the moment it's released, but only 25% press that little star.

enjoy chapter seven ☕️✍🏼

As the Seychelles sky painted a breathtaking canvas in hues of purple and pink with the descending sun, the blonde swipes her door card, unlocking the room bathed in the soft twilight glow.

"Erin", a gasp echoes as the blonde swiftly closes the door, her slender figure breathlessly leaning against it, visibly drained, while the other voice continued, "Where have you- I had no idea you'd be back this-"

"Martha, I'm so stupid," Erin confesses, her fingers weaving through her tousled hair, a weariness etched across her features as she takes a deep breath.

Curiosity lingers in Martha's eyes.

"Stupid, why? What happened? And where have you been?"

Erin exhales a heavy sigh, rubbing her eyes before focusing on Martha, who was occupying their shared master bed.

Naked.

"Martha, what on earth—"

"Um," a deep, hoarse voice emerges from the bathroom, and none other than Patri, wrapped in a pristine white hotel towel, steps into the room with a shy smile, "Hola, Erin."

Patri's flushed cheeks complement the rosy hues of the Seychelles twilight, while Martha, seemingly unfazed, begins to don some clothes.

"Hi, Patricia," Erin, still standing by the door, mumbles, her gaze shifting between the two. With a nonchalant shrug, she adds, "I had no idea I was away that long."

Chuckling in amusement, the blonde glanced at Martha, who gracefully slips into a pair of lacy panties.

"Well, I would've preferred you being gone a little longer," the Spaniard states, unfazed by the unexpected return of her roommate, while she effortlessly pulls on a shirt, most likely Erin's, its scent lingering in the air.

"Oh, of course. What else" the blonde responds with a knowing nod, her smirk deepening.

She slowly shifts her gaze towards Patri, who appears slightly more uncomfortable in the sudden situation compared to Martha and, for a moment, the room is filled with a hint of awkwardness.

Super awkward.

"So, what other stupid thing did you do than not remember last night? You didn't experience another blackout, did you?" Martha inquires with a touch of amusement, settling onto the bed adorned with tousled sheets, the telltale signs of their brief respite, while Patri attempts to hastily dress.

"We're going out for dinner tonight," Erin shares, shaking her head as she walks towards the mini fridge, and retrieves a cool bottle of water, the condensation glistening as she twists off the cap.

"Oh, dinner? I better dress up! What's the dress code?" Martha's eyes light up with excitement, her head turning toward the other Spaniard, "Will you join us, Patri?"

The midfielders' eyes widened in shock, caught off guard by this proposal.

However, before she could formulate a response, Erin interjected with a dismissive tone.

"Not you and me, idiota," the blonde murmured, rolling her eyes as she took a sip from her water. "Me and her."

Martha's lips pursed, eyes wide as a teasing smirk formed on her lips.

"Ulala, our Erin here got La Reina hooked," the black-haired exclaimed, excitedly bouncing on the mattress before, suddenly, a realization struck her, "Hold on, now how's that stupid?"

The blonde sighed, her shoulders slumping as she perched down on the mattress beside Martha.

"I can see why Erin is feeling uncomfortable," Patri's voice chimed in from the other side of the room. Fully dressed now, hands on her hips, she added, "Alexia's presence can be overwhelming, quite intimidating, actually. Navigating a one-sided familiarity must feel bizarre."

The blonde raised her head, her mind grasping onto every word uttered.

"Yeah," Erin nodded, her lips parted slightly as her gaze shifted to Patri. "Exactly."

Martha seized the moment, breaking the silence with a burst of excitement.

"Alright, spill it! What's the dress code? And don't you dare tell me you're going out with her looking like this."

Erin, still processing the sudden turn of events, stammered, "Um, dress code? I didn't pack anything fancy. I wasn't prepared going out for dinner with anyone but you."

Martha's eyes sparkled mischievously, and she grabbed Patri by the hand, dragging the midfielder towards the door. "Excuse us, Pats. Mission makeover initiated."

With a sigh, Erin started rummaging through her modest wardrobe.

"Hm, got it," the midfielder chuckled, pressing a swift kiss to the Spaniard's lips before swinging the hotel room door open. Just as she was about to leave, she glanced back at Erin, offering a reassuring smile as she said softly, "Enjoy your dinner with Ale. No need to be nervous. You'll see... she's incredible."

After the midfielder disappeared into the lush surroundings, Martha took a moment to breathe deeply, a smile playing on her lips as she observed Patri blending into the greenery, before she closed the door with a sense of contentment.

"Martha, that's the wisest person you've ever been with," Erin commented with a grin, still pondering the athlete's words, the impact resonating within her.

Those words held a certain gravity.

"Yeah, she might be," Martha conceded, gazing at her friend for a moment. Suddenly, something seemed to click, and she enthusiastically darted toward her untidy suitcase. Clothes were tossed out as she rummaged through it with zeal, declaring, "But there are more pressing matters now. You've got a date, and it's my mission to offer the best support possible."

"Your mission?" Erin chuckled, amusement twinkling in her eyes as Martha sprang to her feet, holding her choice in hand.

"Yes, my mission," Martha affirmed, presenting a dress with a serious expression. "This. This is the one"

Erin's attention shifted from the lively Martha to the dress she held, her eyes widening with surprise.

"Wow," she exclaimed, reaching for the delicate white fabric and scrutinizing it with precision. "I had no idea you even owned clothes like this."

"Yeah, well, one never knows when it's time to shine," the black haired laughed, her excitement evident as she clapped her hands. "Try it on; we've got to get ready."

Amused, Erin chuckled as she quickly undressed, stepping into the dress. "You know, I have no idea what had me asking her out. Patri is right; Alexia is intimidating. But there's something about her that—"

"Erin," Martha interrupted, helping zip up the dress on the blonde's back and adjusting it as she continued, "Let me tell you something about yesterday. You may not remember, but everyone there noticed that you literally fell for that woman then and there. I'm certain you'll fall for her again."

Taking a deep breath, Erin turned, scrutinizing her reflection in the mirror while her cold palms glided down the fabric.

"I can't allow myself to fall for her, Martha," the blonde sighed, her gaze meeting Martha's reflection in the mirror. "And I won't."

"Hm, of course"

⬇️⭐️⬇️