19.

The morning sunlight filtered through the sheer curtains of Erin's quaint hut nestled between swaying palm trees, casting a soft glow over the room. Martha, dressed in a chic black dress and a stylish hat atop her head, rummaged through her closet in search of the perfect outfit for the day ahead.

Meanwhile, the blonde found herself lost in a labyrinth of thoughts that had consumed her for the past few days.

Ever since her blackout, her mind had been consumed by one singular topic.

Alexia.

Alexia here. Alexia there. Alexia everywhere and whenever her mind started thinking.

Whether it was the captivating sparkle in the captain's hazel eyes, the tender touch of her warm hands, or the undeniable fact that this very woman was a renowned footballer, a two time Ballon D'Or winner. Erin couldn't shake the allure of this woman who had effortlessly captured her mind.

The power that woman held.

Erin's mind remained adrift in a sea of contemplation, wrestling with the complexities of this situation as the black-haired attempted to engage her in conversation.

"Hermana, did you hear what I just said?" Martha's voice pierced through the blonde's reverie, prompting her to look up and meet her friend's gaze.

She shrugged, a faint furrow knitting her brows as she admitted, "Um, no... what did you say?"

Martha sighed, her features softened with understanding as she settled beside Erin on the bed, allowing a gentle arm to drape around her friend's shoulders.

"Still overthinking things regarding your newest love interest?" she inquired, her tone laced with empathy.

Erin hesitated, her gaze flickering with uncertainty as she grappled with her conflicting emotions.

"No, yes, no, well... yes, it's just-"

"Allow me to restate what I mentioned to you yesterday on the boat, hermana," Martha interjected, her voice brimming with conviction. "You and her, are a match. Whether she is the best footballer in the world or not, it doesn't make her any less perfect. I understand this is a tough decision for you, but trust me, she'll be worth the sacrifice"

Erin sighed, her shoulders slumping as she conceded, "It might be... it's just... it's not as easy as you say it is."

"No one ever said it would be easy, hermana," Martha echoed softly, her embrace a comforting anchor amidst Erin's swirling thoughts as she pressed a tender kiss against her friend's temple, murmuring, "Don't concern yourself with when we'll be back home. Focus on getting ready, the team practice that Patri invited us to is about to start. And I wouldn't want to miss seeing Patri skillfully handle the rest of the team - dios mio, i better bring my sunglasses!"

With a sudden burst of energy, Martha leaped to her feet, her movements fluid and purposeful as she dashed to the cabinet housing her suitcase and, with a swift motion, she yanked the piece of luggage out, the sound of zippers being pulled echoing in the room as she delved into its contents.

Yep, they'd definitely book excess baggage on the return flight.

Erin's heart sank at the mere thought of participating the team's practice as a spectator, fully aware that it would only exacerbate the tumultuous emotions swirling within her.

"Can't I just stay here... being there will... it will make everything worse," the blonde's plea hung heavy in the air, her voice laden with desperation as she voiced her apprehensions from behind Martha.

But the black-haired's resolve remained unyielding as she turned, triumphantly brandishing her favorite pair of sunglasses.

"You have the chance to spend the rest of the day with her, before she'll leave tomorrow, hermana. Do you really want to hide away?"