Chapter 2 - Aftermath

The truck hit them leaving them severely injured. James was lying on the ground bleeding profusely and people were calling for an ambulance.

They instantly called up the ambulance but time was running out

They instantly called up the ambulance but time was running out. Therefore, an auto driver took james in his auto and rushed to the hospital.

"Where is she? What happened? What in the world happened? Veronica....", James's thoughts raced in his mind.

Veronica was nowhere to be found.

Is she alive? Will I able to see her again? Why is this happening to us? Why just why?, He was thinking.

Though his body stopped working his mind keep on thinking.

When they reached the hospital, the nurses ran towards him and took him inside the ICU. Where they started to give him medicine and start operating the wounds.

After a long process the doctors finished his work and sighed in relief when they confirmed his good condition.

Meanwhile, James family rushed to the hospital. His mother, father and her sister were there to see him.

After 12 hours James was transferred to the normal ward from ICU. Nearly 24 hours of being in unconscious state James woke up.

When he struggled to open his eyes which weighed a lot. He slowly opened and tried to regoconize the figures standing in front of him.

His mother touched his hand and assured him calling his name kindly.

"James...are you all right? How are you? Do you feel any pain?..." She asked him in a worried tone.

James stares at her and pushed her hand aside.

"Please get out", he told her clenching his teeth.

"James, please don't talk like this... I'm...".

"Don't talk another word or I'll kill myself..
", said James wrapping his hands around his neck.

"Oh don't don't...", his mother took two steps back.

"James don't be like this...we".

"Don't talk dad please, I want all of you to get out now", James shouted.

They all went out when suddenly James called Merlin, his sister to stay for a minute.

"Merlin, I know that you are unaware of what's happening in that house, I'm begging you to leave that home and come stay with me, I don't want anything to happen to you, that witch will do anything to attain her goals", said James.

"I know everything", said Merlin with tears.

"What!", James was in shock to hear this.

"What are you saying?", asked James.

"Yes, James I know everything, It is you who is unaware of what's happening around you", Said Merlin.

"Don't you say that you know about grandma from the start", asked James and Merlin nodded her head.