Chapter 11 - Grey Ghost

I was scared, confused, depressed, angry and what not,... It was really tough to explain how I was feeling.

I saw the same reaction on James's face

I saw the same reaction on James's face. So, he was also in the same state as me. But just a minute later his reaction changed.

"come let's go downstairs , what if granny come out?", he pulled my hand.

"No", I slapped his hand away, "don't you hear, my mother's phone's ringtone coming from your grandma's room, I have to check ".

"Are you crazy? Don't you understand what we all are trying to say. Granny doesn't like strangers, if she finds... "

"bla bla bla bla.. I know that", I cut him off.

"I don't care, okay, I don't care about your stupid granny rules.. "

"you are crossing your limits ", for the first time he raised his tone against me. But I was not gonna give up.

"look, I'm sorry, but I just want to check.. Call your grandma and ask her".

"she doesn't like people questioning her... Mainly personal stuffs ".

"oh my god, I'm so sick of you guys.. We are not gonna ask her about any personal stuffs, just about the ringtone".

"she will ask me, why? What should I tell her".

"just tell her that, you like that ringtone".

"what? She'll definitely find it suspicious.. ".

"look, if you are not going... then I will .. ", I took a step forward but he blocked me.

"ok, ok, I'll ask her about it.. But not now.. "

"what? Then when? I can't wait "

"come on, how could I ask her in the middle of the night about a ringtone, she'll get suspicious.. "

"ok, ok, but before I leave this place I want to know about it.. Understand ", I said those words and I didn't wait for an answer. I strode away from there. I know his eyes were scanning me from the back. But I left there because I didn't want him to see my teary eyes.

I strolled down the steps while tears rolled down my cheeks. I could not take another step. So, I sat in the step with a thud,...I tried to control my tears.. I've been doing that from the day I was told that my mother was gone. But now... This was the limit... I was not able to control it anymore .

I felt it for the first time... My mother was gone and I didn't know where she
Was.. I'm all alone.. There was none beside me.. I missed her support and love.. I'm here in an unknown place.. In an unknown house.. With unknown members... Whom I didn't know whether to trust or not.. Who are all very suspicious.. scary and cold hearted....I couldn't do anything..