Chapter 1- Reasoning Out

"oh it's really cold here even this summer, I feel like I should have to wear a sweater, don't you think Tom", I asked Tom who is my English boyfriend to know whether he's also feeling the same way.

"I'm telling you babes this is not my first time, I came here a lot of times, so I'm kinda used to it"

"oh", I replied and started to think what would a son of a millionaire do in a ghost hunter's house.

"Hi I'm Alisa warren, a parapsychologist and a demonologist, how can I help you?".

"Well, hi I'm Veronica, and.. this is my boyfriend Tom I mean Thomas Harrington", I said hesitantly to Alisa.

"oh I know Thomas already dear, how are you, Tom? How're your parents now?  Is there any other demon hanging in the wall of your house again? ", Alisa asked Tom.

When I heard it, my hand automatically grasp Tom's hand without hesitation in fear and my eyes have gone wide and I whispered to him, "DE...DEMON.. ".

He just gave me assuring pat on my hand. And replied to Alisa.

"no, Ms. Alisa, I'm fine, I mean we are fine, but now I came here for my girlfriend ", said Tom and glanced at me. I was frozen because of their previous conversation. Tom slightly nudged me and I came back alive.

"Oh, hi I'm Veronica Stephen", out of fear I introduced myself again and made Alisa crack up.

"oh dear, don't need to be afraid, just be normal, do you need anything to drink", she clapped and two maids came in, but later I realized they are not maids, but they are the trainees of Alisa. They are taking training in demonology. Who would like to have training in demonology? I wondered.

They bring up two glasses of wine for me it's like blood. Why am l thinking like this? Tom took the glass and hand it to me. I hesitantly took a sip the wine cleansed my throat and released all my fear. The sourness and sweetness filled my taste buds and it reached my head, I tingled.

"How do you feel now? ", Alisa asked with a huge smile on her face. No one can believe that she's a demonologist, who spends most of her time with demons and ghosts. Because she seems very normal. Her house, her dress, everything seems very normal.