Chapter 8 : A life With Art

James pov:

I thought of telling veronica what that saint said, but after realizing how she would react after hearing her mother's death.. I didn't tell her. And also I don't know whether it's true or not. We had to check twice about what that saint told.

"james tell me, what did he say? ", Veronica asked.

"nothing he just said that you are not safe here, you have to go back soon,..".

"oh enough I've heard these things a million times.. I don't know what people are talking about.. They always say that I'm gonna die.. I'm in danger.. I've hurt someone.. But I did nothing ", Veronica slammed the window in frustration.

"whoa, whoa, that's my car.. ", I'm sorry but I'm somewhat obsessed with my things.. I keep them clean and neat. Everything should be perfect for me. And yes, I can see her fuming now but that was my car.

Veronica's pov:

I wish I could slam my elbow on that geek's face. But thanks to those angels who are saving him because he's helping me. GEEK..

"we are almost there", he said.

"oh", I'm not at all interested though.

We came infront of his big house, they call it as bungalow.

"wow.. ", this was just like Tom's mansion. Thinking of Tom, I've changed my sim card. So I didn't know how many times he tried calling me...

When James and myself were standing infront of that big door of their house.. Bet me it needs hundreds of people to open that door.

But a lady probably in her 40's opened the door, I thought that was his granny but no..

"momm... ", he ran towards her and hugged her tight. I wanted my mom now.....And then he turned to introduce me. Oh.. Act nice veronica.

"hai aunty, I'm Veronica ", I extended my hand for a handshake. But oops.. She didn't shake it. It's ok, fine. Instead of that she prayed. Why is she praying now?

"that's the way we welcome people in our country it's our culture", said James.

What? By praying?

"oh ok", I returned the same gesture.

"vanakkam.. ".

"what? ", I'm confused.

"that's how we wish people in our country.. That's.. ".

"that's our culture, I understand james", I said annoyed like why people are showing me this

"that's our culture, I understand james", I said annoyed like why people are showing me this. I came here to find my mother not to learn your culture.

I knew from the look of his mother's face.. She didn't like me at all. She hated me from the bottom of her heart. Pure hatred like I have killed all her sons and daughters, like her whole family.