Chapter 15 - Murderer?

After signing all the papers for the formalities of veronica's operation. I waited there in the hospital.

I sunk down in the chair. My shirt and pants were stained with her blood. I felt as if my mind stopped working...i sat there numb....I felt as if someone was sitting inside my mind and hammering it and was ringing in pain.

My pupils were transfixed to the ground i sat there literally like a statue... I wondered if i was even breathing because i thought i forgot that very process...

I was worried about her, I knew that

I was worried about her, I knew that.. But who is she anyway? Why does my heart sink whenever she was in trouble. I was glued to my thoughts when the man who helped me shook my shoulder.

"are you lilith amma's grandson? ", he asked me raising his eyebrows with a stupefied expression. Oh god how does he know? will he tell this to grandma.?? I didn't know whether to say yes or no. In a minute my mind was processing millions of "what ifs"...

I stared at him blankly. He confirmed that I was her grand son. I very well know that my family is a highly reputed one in my village but I was not bothered by it that much untill now...

"who is that girl master? ", he asked to me still in bewilderment

Master! Who?? me??? When did i even become a master??. I smirked inwardly.

"she's my friend ", I said.

"but you said it's your wife.. I know it's a lie but master what if grandma comes to know about this?", oh my god I have to shut him up.

"shush.. Don't tell this to grandma ok? ", I said to him restlessly.

"But.. ", he restraint.

"no.. I'll tell her by myself.. Ok? ".

He just nodded....Can i trust him?? I see only the slightest chance...So, onto the next step...I bribed him.

"here take this and go home", I told him.

He took it without delay and put them inside his trouser pocket.

"how will you go home master? ".

"I'll take care of that, you can go now and don't tell this to anyone".

"atleast go and change your shirt master", he said after scanning me from top to bottom. Only after that did i realize how stinky i was. I didn't know how or where to change it. There was no way for me to change.