Some things lost, others found.

----------X----------

Chapter 98.

{ If you haven't read the chapter above this one,num 97, 'Fat Rambo' , I'd recommend doing so! Reads have been pretty low but I know that's probably down to people starting school again }

⚠️ Talk of death & grieving. Drug mention.

11467 words<3

Clearly, we grieve the person we lost.
What many don't understand is
that is only part of it.
We grieve what we had and all we shared.
We grieve all the important
things they have missed
and will miss.
We grieve the future we were
supposed to have together.
This list goes on. Grief is complicated.

..........

Things had been going well, busy work wise for you both but for now, quiet and pretty uneventful, thankfully,  But you knew it was only a matter of time for things to hit the fan again, it was like a rough routine you'd got used to, feeling somewhat normal was never a permanent feeling anymore, it never stayed and you hardly felt like yourself, it had been a long time since you had.
You just didn't expect things to go the way like they were soon...or even the events that were about to unfold, it was all unprepared.

Greeneyes who now had a proper name, Odila (oh-dee-lah) which comes from old German and French (Odile, Oh-Deel) origin, meaning fortunate in battle & female heroine, was officially part of the family.
Eddie had taken her to the vets the very next day, getting her a full heath check and a proper bath and comb, all smelling clean and her coat was no longer dirty from 'battling the scary outdoors' as Eddie had said, which is how he came up with her name in the first place. 
She was deflead, wormed and all that, apart from being skinny she was a healthy little cat, and as you both thought, she was just a baby, the vets put her at around a year old despite how little she actually looked which was probably down to her not getting enough food or most likely not enough milk from her mother, she also got her injections, indoor cats still needed those, and Eddie was directed into the best quality cat food with complete nutrients that she needed to help her grow, he already knew that giving cats milk was a No-No as most cats are lactose intolerant so giving them cow's milk can actually cause significant health issues.

He got her a little collar, toys, litter box, a proper food and water dish, one for wet food and the other for her biscuits and set it up just outside the kitchen when he got back home, she quickly learnt that that was were she got fed her breakfast, lunch, dinner and a little supper.
She made herself at home rather fast after her trip to the vet, her favourite spot to sit was Eddie's armchair when he wasn't in it, when he was she liked to curl up on the back of it, or in his lap, the sofa, or on your bed, letting her on furniture didn't bother you both now as she had been cleaned and treated,
(That would still need to be done regularly and kept maintained of course)
It was her house now too, and she was comfortable and confident "patrolling" the entire place, having a snoop about and finding different spots to nap.
Odila had been part of the family for almost three weeks now, when you and Eddie had to leave for work in the mornings she got used to being alone in only a couple days, she was probably used to that though as she spent a long time outdoors, she was well behaved and such a precious thing to come home too.

Eddie was getting a couple extra hours at the auto shop so Steve was the drive home after your shift at FV was over at 5, he hung out for a bit saying Hiy's to Odila who was a hit with all of your friends (the kids, Steve & Robin) she was such a friendly creature and had gotten used to Steve dropping you home whenever Eddie wasn't able to pick you up after his own shift was over.
You had to distract her with a tiny treat when Steve left and slipped out of the door, making sure to lock up after he'd left but keeping the chain off so Eddie was able to unlock it himself, he was expected home in around two hours.