CHAPTER 5

Maryam Chaudhary
*********************

Ammi and baba have once again forgotten their anniversary, and this time, I've prepared everything for their surprise. I've even prepared dinner for them, which I'm waiting for baba to taste.

 I've even prepared dinner for them, which I'm waiting for baba to taste

This is my first time preparing biryani, and it feels amazing. I can't wait for baba to get home so that he and I can taste it.

I can see ammi glaring at me from the corner of my eye because I messed up her precious kitchen. I turn to face her and offer her a phony grin while scratching my head.

"I will clean the mess and please don't come in the dining area", I said thinking a plan to escape from here.

If baba won't be here in next 5 minutes ammi will surely throw a chappal at me for the mess. Baba, come fast and save me from your wife I pray and ran from the kitchen.

I can hear baba's footsteps as he walks through the door and I quickly pull him to the dining table. "Sit down, baba! I have a surprise for you and ammi", I say with excitement.

Baba looks at me confused but then sees the table set with candles and a fancy dinner for two. His face lights up as he realizes what is happening.

"Baba, you don't remember your anniversary do you?" I question him with my hands on my hips.

"Oh no, sweetie, I truly forgot about that", keeping his briefcase on the table, he says.

"Ohh baba, don't worry, I've have made biryani. Order some other recipes and dessert too", I say with a smile on my face.

"You are a life saver meri jaan", he says pecking my forehead and embracing me in his arms.

I smile and return his hug. Seeing a smile on my father's face brings me immense joy.

"Love you baba", i say breaking the hug and kissing back of his hand.

"Love you too mimi", he says pecking my forehead again, I love his forehead kisses.

"Baba, ammi is in the kitchen and very mad", I say and head to the briefcase to take my chocolates.

"Why"? He ask as he sit down across from me at the table and takes his tie off.

"Maine biryani bnayi h, toh app kitchen ka haal samajh hi sakte h"? I say eating my chocolate.

"Haan, main samajh sakta hu", he nods his head.

"Aap meri help karenge na clean kar ne mein baba"? I question him.

"Haan, meri beti ki main zaroor madad karunga", he says giving me a smile.

"Mem sahiba kya ham dining area mein aa sakte", mama ask in a sarcastic way.

I look towards baba to see he is already looking at me raising his eyebrows.

"Lagta h kitchen ko dekh kar tumhari ammi par gehra sadma pahuncha h", baba mumble but audible for me to hear.

"Itna bura bhi nahi kiya h baba", I say with a pout.

He ruffles my hair and pinch my cheek in a loving manner.

"Nhi aap nahi aa sakti mem sahiba ki ammi", baba said giving me a wink, I giggle.

"Mujhe bhook lagi h Khalid", ammi shouts from the kitchen.

"10 minute aur ruk jae begum", baba says and passes his phone to me to order.

I ordered chicken karayi, kebabs, keema naan, rabri, ras malai and shahi tukray. I can feel my mouth watering looking at the dishes on the phone.

"Baba, it's done I have ordered the food", I said giving him the phone.

"Ok", he replied taking the mobile and keeping it on the table.

"Baba, im going upstairs to my room, call me when the order comes", I said causing him to nod his head.

Eating chocolate I make my way upstairs to my room, i enter my room to notice I haven't locked my window. I make my way towards it to lock.

It's dark and the moon is full, I love watching moon at night while listening to some good music

It's dark and the moon is full, I love watching moon at night while listening to some good music. A smile appeared on my face looking at the moon. The full moon reminds me of nani and her stories.

I turn towards the garden area to notice a figure standing there. I narrow my eyes looking at shadow, I can't see him, his back is facing me.

I stood their staring at his back, suddenly he turns his head towards me causing my breathing to hitch in my throat. It's the same green eyed man I have seen in cafeteria and in the market.

The air in the room felt heavy as I tried to hold my composure. His intense gaze was piercing through me, and I could feel the blood drain from my face. Why was he standing there, looking at me with that sinister smile? Oh shit!.

I tried to compose myself, but I was frozen in fear. My mind was racing, trying to figure out what to do next. My hands trembled and sweat coated my palms. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears, the sound echoing through the silence of the room.

I see the man getting closer to my window, every hair on body is standing on end as I fumble with the window latch and close it in a panic. I can hear the muffled sound of his footsteps getting, closer and closer.

I can't think straight, the adrenaline is making everything feel like a blur. My body feels like it's too heavy to move. The silence in the room is suffocating. I hear the footsteps, I close my eyes in fear and I instantly close the windows and move away from it.

I hear a knock on my window, I ran downstairs as if he is behind me.

________________________________________

Sorry for the mistakes

Allah hafiz 💕💕