CHAPTER 49

Maryam Chaudhary
*********************

"Please don't make this hard for me Mama", I pleaded through tears, my heart heavy with the weight of the decision.

"I have already decided I'm going to marry him, otherwise I don't know what he will do to you guys", I added, my voice breaking with emotion as I looked at my parents, who were also in tears. I knew that I had accepted my fate - I was going to marry him, as he wished.

"You can't do this to yourself", baba said sternly, his voice cutting through the room. "You just can't jump into the lion's den like that", I felt his gaze on me, forcing me to meet his eyes and confront the reality of what lay ahead.

"We have no other choice, baba", I replied, my voice trembling with a mix of fear, sadness, and resignation. "I have already accepted my fate", I said, tears streaming down my face as I struggled to contain the turmoil of emotions swirling inside me.

I couldn't bear to see my parents in any more pain, so I kept my true feelings to myself, burying them deep inside where they couldn't hurt anyone else.

"You can run away again, you have time", baba said with pain evident in his voice. I glanced at my parents, their eyes brimming with tears and their voices filled with agony, causing a deep ache in my heart that words could never fully capture.

"No, baba, I'm not going to run away now. Let's just face our fate", I replied feeling numb and helplessness engulfing me in that moment.

Just then, a knock echoed through the room. "Come in", I said, wiping away my tears as I stood up from the ground, my parents rising along side me. A woman in her mid-20s entered, holding a dress in her hand. 

"Danish sir told me to give you this dress", she said, with a warm smile.

I nodded at her, giving my parents a weak smile before they left the room. As I took the dress from her hand and entered the closet to change, a sense of resentment boiled within me.

"I hate you Danish", I muttered under my breath, the weight of emotions pressing down on me like a heavy burden.

I always dreamed of getting married, but this marriage has brought me nothing but pain. Danish, the person iam now going tie up with, is the source of my sufferings. Standing in front of the mirror, tears streaming down my face, I see myself in that red lehenga, looking like a bride, it only intensifies my fear.

Iam now going to be his, his wife, as he claimed, but I feel numb inside. The weight of this unison is crushing me, and I'm left feeling lost and broken. I never imagined that marriage would feel like this, like a prison from which there is no escape.

"Ma'am, have you finished wearing the dress? I have to do your make up", said the woman as she knocked on the closet door. I hesitantly stepped out of the closet and heard a gasp escape the woman's lips. I lifted my head to look at her, and she couldn't help but explain, "wow, ma'am you look beautiful", with a smile on her face.

I stared back at her, my expression devoid of any emotion. The woman, feeling a bit of embarrassed by her outburst, tried to convince me to let her do my make up.

"I don't want to do any make up", I stated firmly as I stepped further away from her.

"But ma'am, you will look even more beautiful with make up", she persisted, hoping to sway me. I glared at her, my tone becoming even more stern as I declared.

"I don't want to look beautiful. Now, shut up and leave the room". My words hung in the air, final and resolute.

________________________________________

Allah hafiz 💕💕

🥀Dil aaj takleef  mein hai,
   Aur takleef dene wala dil mein🥀