CHAPTER 24

Khalid Chaudhary
*******************

As I walked into the sterile hospital room, my heart sinks at the sight of my daughter lying in the hospital bed. The machines beeping and tubes connected to her body only added to the agony I feel in my chest. She looks so small and vulnerable, and my mind races with thoughts of what could have happened. Seeing her frail from surrounded by white walls and medical equipment, I can't help but feel a rush of emotions overwhelming me.

Fear, anger and sadness all mix together, and I can't hold back tears streaming down my face. My little girl, who was yesterday full of life and laughter, now lay motionless, a victim of Junaid Raza Mir's revenge. How can he be so heartless to think about killing my daughter? He is such an heartless monster.

While looking at her body connected to wires and machines. I couldn't help the think that i didn't save her from Junaid. I'm a bad father for not saving my daughter from him. Will she hate me if she comes to know that the man who shot her today is her aunt's husband? My bad, she didn't even know until now that she had an aunt who is dead and her husband is here to take revenge on his wife.

"Sir, you need to leave now, it's time for her to rest", a nurse said while entering the room, I nodded my head and stood up from my chair and exited the room.

I leave the room and walk towards the waiting room to see Yasmine sitting on the chair, engrossed in her thoughts. I approach her and take a seat beside her.

"Have you eaten anything?", I ask, Yasmine as I gaze at the men entering the waiting room searching for someone. Their eyes fell on me and they started making their way towards us.

"I'm not hungry", whispered Yasmine, and gave me a tight lipped-smile. I shook my head at her answer because she had to eat and take medicines.

"I won't accept no for an answer. Yasmine you must eat, take medicines and get up", I grasped Yasmine's hand and urged her to get up.

"Sir, we have bought you some food", said Haider and handed me the food cover which was in his hand.

"No, thank you. I was just going to the cafeteria. But thank you for asking", I replied, and politely declined his food. I held Yasmine's hand started walking towards the cafeteria.

"Sir we're also hungry, let's enjoy the food together", he said with a smile on his face. I looked at him and side glanced at Yasmine to ask permission if he can join us, she just blinked her eyes twice.

"Sure", I replied and started walking towards the cafeteria. I notice them walking along side me. We entered the cafeteria. The interior of the cafeteria is sleek modern, with bright overhead lights that create a welcoming atmosphere. The walls adorned with colorful artworks and the space is filled with the comforting freshly brewed coffee and the sound of quiet conversations.

I went near the counter and ordered two chicken sandwiches, french fries and cokes. After ordering, I took a seat on the round table and sat their talking to yasmine who was again in her own world.

Yasmine and I conversed, and I caught a glimpse of the three men who sat opposite to us on the table. I focused on them. "So, introduce yourself gentlemen", I said and looked at them intently and wondered why i feel like they are dangerous.

"I'm Azaan", the man with a cut on his eyebrow said, introducing his companions as Bilal and Haider. As I sat there, I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something off about them, like they were hiding something beneath their tough exteriors.

My thoughts were interrupted by the waiter bringing our food. I thanked him and handed the sandwiches to Yasmine, urging her to eat. As we began our meal, I couldn't help but wonder what secrets these mysterious men were keeping, and what danger might come from associating with them.

"Aap log Maryam ko kaise jante ho?",

________________________________________

To be continued.....

It's incredible that this story has received 2.35k reads and 271 votes and I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your support 😚😚😚😚

Iam grateful to @iamangrybird for consistently voting on my story🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Have a nice day

Allah hafiz 💕💕