CHAPTER 38

Maryam Chaudhary
*********************

Danish Raza Mir is constantly in my mind, his presence lingering in the shadows that I cannot shake. I find myself consumed by thoughts of him, unsure of how to rid my mind of his presence. It's as if he has taken up residence in my thoughts, causing me distress and a persistent headache. He is like a monster, his actions and demeanour haunting me, a reminder of the darkness that exists in this world. It is a reminder that we must be wary of individual like him, to protect ourselves from their toxic influence.

He is a monstrous and a killer, a terrifying presence that still haunts my memories. I can vividly recall the chilling moment when he took another man's life without a second thought, leaving behind a pool of cold blood as a stark reminder of his brutality. While I understand that the man he killed may have been a threat, his actions were unjustifiable. It is true that the man had crossed the line by touching me inappropriately, but that does not give anyone the right to play judge, jury and executioner.

It is a disturbing realization that he may have taken a life to protect me, but at what cost? Despite his attempts to shield me from harm, I cannot ignore the fact that he too has violated my boundaries by touching me and kissing me without my consent. How can I trust him to keep me safe from others when he poses a threat to my own well-being? The lines between protector and predator have blurred, leaving me trapped in a nightmarish dilemma.

He told me that he loves me, but deep down, I can sense that his feelings may not run deep as he claims. I can't shake the feeling that I'm merely an object of his obsession a prize to be won rather than a true love to be cherished. It's clear that he desires me, but the true essence of love seems to elude him. His words may say one thing, but his actions speak a different truth, leaving me to question the authenticity of his supposed love for me.

I can't believe that I'm wasting my precious mental energy on someone who doesn't deserve it. It's completely unhealthy for me to fixated on him, especially when I know deep down that he's not worth my time or thoughts. I need to focus on myself and my own well-being instead of allowing him to rent space in my mind.

I released a sigh of exhaustion as I slowly stood up from the comfortable chair at the table. I carefully lifted the bowl, feeling the weight of it in my hands, and began to make my way towards the kitchen. With each step, I could feel the fatigue in my muscles.

Upon reaching the kitchen, I approached the wash basin and carefully placed the bowl inside, making sure not go make any unnecessary noise. I then turned towards the fridge, feeling the cool air hit my face as I opened the door. I reached inside and grabbed a cold water bottle, the condensation forming on the outside of the bottle as I twisted off the cap.

I took a long, refreshing sip from the water bottle, I suddenly heard the familiar sound of our doorbell ringing. The sound made me pause for a moment, wondering who could visit at this hour. I quickly set the water bottle down on the counter and made my way towards the front door.

As I was about to open the door, my hand hesitated on the doorknob as I heard the distinct sound of the word. "Jaan"- a word I knew was Danish. A wave of fear washed over me, causing my heart to pound in my chest. His voice echoed in my ears, sending shivers down my spine, and I instinctively began to step back without opening the door. I quickly turned and ran upstairs to my room.

As I entered my room, I was met with the sight of mama and baba, diligently cleaning and organizing my space. The room felt suffocating small as tears welled in my eyes, threatening to spill over at any moment. When I uttered the words, "Baba, Danish is here", his expressions changed instantly, his face turning towards me with a mixture of fear and concern.

________________________________________

Allah hafiz 💕💕

🥀The big lesson in life is never be scared of anyone or anything🥀