CHAPTER 19

Danish Raza Mir
******************

"Please mama, mujhe ghar mein ghusne nahi dengi main bta rhi hu", she said hiccuping, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Does this girl know anything other than crying, I mumble to myself trying to keep my patience.

"Don't worry I'll talk to your mama", I reassured her, trying to calm her down.

"But right now, let's stop at the dhaba. I'm starving and I really need some food in my stomach", I said.

"Aree bhai seeda mardo yeh ammi se baat karne ki baat kyu kar rhe ho?", she shouted at me, clearly annoyed by my suggestion.

Ignoring her outburst, I took a right turn and parked the car in front of the dhaba. Wait a minute did she called me bhai. What the hell she called me bhai.

"Watch your words woman. I'm not your brother", I said sternly, coming to a halt near a dhaba.

"Oh please, you are older than me, so I have every right to call you bhai", she rolled her eyes.

"I don't want a sister, and also I don't want you to be my sister", I said, pulling her towards me by her arms.

"Well, I don't have a brother, and I always wanted one", she said, trying to break free my hold.

"I don't want a sister", I said, gently removing strands of her hair from her face.

"Stop touching my face", she said, pushing me away and freeing her arms. This woman has some nerves to push me, Danish Raza Mir.

"And why did you stop here?", she asked, looking at the dhaba.

"Because I'm starving", I replied, giving her hungry eyes.

"Then go and eat", she mumbled, turning her back to me.

"Come out, I'm not eating alone", I said, stepping out of the car.

"I'm not hungry", she said, sitting in the car like a kid with a pout on her lips.

'Oh, how I wish I could kiss that pout away' I mumble to myself.

"Come out woman", I said, pulling her out of the car.

"You are so rude Danish bhai", she said.

"Stop calling me that", I said, glaring at her.

"Bhai, bhai, Danish bhai", she started shouting, giggling uncontrollably.

I pulled her towards the car door and smashed my lips onto hers. She stiffened, but I missed her hungrily. I tasted salty water on my lips, and I realized she was crying. I pulled away, wiping her tears and suddenly I felt a slap on my face. She had slapped me.

"How dare you?", she shouted furiously before delivering another sharp slap on my face.

"You are just like them", she accused before abruptly turning and sprinting off in an unknown direction.

"Maryma stop!", I desperately shouted, my feet pounding the ground as I chased after her.

"No, no!", she screamed, now running wildly onto the busy road ahead.

Panic rose within me as I saw the approaching cars, Maryam frozen in their path like a haunting statue.

My heart sank as the car doors opened, revealing figures brandishing guns.

"Maryam!", I yelled, my voice trembling with fear as I raced towards her.

Then, amidst the chaos, a single gunshot echoed through the air, shattering the tense silence, leaving my heart in a cold grip of terror.

________________________________________

Please do vote and comment

Allah hafiz 💕💕