CHAPTER 62

Danish Raza Mir
******************

"Wear this one", I said, handing her the red frock I had purchased the day before our wedding. As I left the room, I could hear her mimicking my words in my voice, but I chose not to react and instead made my way downstairs to the dining area.

As I descended the stairs and saw my brother's sitting there, enjoying their breakfast, I couldn't help but feel a pang of disappointment. I had been hoping to spend the day with Maryam, but now my brothers were here, and there was nothing I could do about it. I felt annoyed by the situation.

"Assalamualaikum", Haider greeted me as soon as I entered the dining area. I simply nodded in response and took my seat at the head of the table.

As I sat there eating paratha and achar, enjoying the delicious flavours and spices, Farhad suddenly spoke up.

"Bhai, aapko ammi yaad kar rhi thi, aaj hamare saath haveli chale", he said his mouth full of food as he hadn't eaten in days. The sound of his munching and his statement caught my attention.

Just then, Azaan scolded him, "eat properly!", and smacked him on the head. Farhad whined.

"Bhabhi, nashta nahi karengi kya?", bilal asked, who was drinking water, just then we heard anklet sound coming downstairs. And at that moment, my Maryam, my sweetheart, appeared. She looked like an angel in her red frock, and her presence immediately brought a smile to my face.

"Assalamualaikum", she greeted everyone at the table, taking a seat beside me on my right.

"Walaikumasalam", the rest of the table replied in unison. I looked at them, surprised at their behavior. I couldn't quite understand why they were acting like this.

"My name is Bilal, nice to meet you", he said with a smile on his face. I couldn't comprehend why he was acting shy.

As everyone introduced themselves to her, she sat there having her breakfast, chatting and laughing with them, completely ignoring me. And that made me angry.

"You look beautiful bhabhi", Azaan complimented her, to which she replied with a polite thank you and A smile on her face. The same smile that she never gave me. How dare she smile at him like that, I thought to myself. Trying to control my anger, I took a sip from my glass, but it was getting harder and harder to contain.

My jaw was clenched tight with anger, and I gripped the glass tightly, eventually causing it to shatter in my hand.

Suddenly, the room fell silent as they all looked at me. "Danish", Maryam called out, trying to check my hand, but I pulled away from her and stormed upstairs to my room. As I entered, I started throwing the things around in a fit of rage. How could she smile at him like that?

Why did she even talk to them? Did I give her permission to interact with them? These questions and thoughts consumed my mind. I couldn't handle it anymore. The feeling of jealousy and anger was overwhelming, and I needed to let it out. But why did I feel this way? Was it because I feared losing her? Or because I couldn't bear the thought of her being friendly with other men? I couldn't understand my own thoughts and emotions.

Just then, I heard a knock on my door. "Danish, are you okay?", Maryam's voice called out. But I didn't want to face her, didn't want to see her talking to me with that fake smile.

"Go away!", I yelled, my voice full of rage and pain. I could hear her footsteps slowly fading away as she left, and I crumbled to the ground, tears streaming down my face.

In that moment, I realized that my own insecurities possessiveness were driving me to the path of madness. But I couldn't control it. I was trapped in my own psychotic thoughts and emotions, unable to break free.

And in that moment, I knew that I needed help. I needed to let go of this toxic behavior and learn to trust and love without fear. But for now, I sat there, consumed by my own madness, unaware of the destruction I was causing.

_______________________________________

Allah hafiz 💕💕

🥀There is no true love without jealousy🥀