CHAPTER 46

Maryam Chaudhary
*********************

We are currently still in Imran bhai's car, on our way to his home. I must admit, Iam not particularly eager to reach our destination. Despite my reluctance, mama insisted that we leave quickly before he catches us. However, a sense of foreboding has settled over me, as If something even worse about to happen. It is a feeling that I cannot seem to shake, no matter how hard I try. 

"You can change your clothes if you want. I'll step out of the car and wait at a corner", he asked, as he looked at me.

"No, thank you. I'll change once we reach home", I said, already feeling anxious about what Danish was doing to my parents. I didn't want to change  my clothes in the car; what if someone sees me changing? I definitely didn't want that kind of attention.

Feeling bored and finding myself unable to shake him from my thoughts, I turned on the radio, I was caught off guard when the song started playing. "Hume tumse pyaar kitna yeh hum nahi jante magar jee nahi sakte tumhare bina", the lyrics echoed through the speakers, sending chills down my spine.

I reached to off the radio, but not before the tears welled up in my eyes at the sound of the song. It terrified me, especially hearing Danish sing it, adding another level of fear to the already haunting melody. It seemed like the universe was conspiring against me, constantly reminding me of him and the things he loved, never leaving me in peace.

I cried even harder, unable to control my emotions, as Imran bhai asked me what's wrong. His hand on my thigh made me flinch, and I pushed it away mumbling that it was nothing. He abruptly stopped the car in an empty street.

I looked at him with tear-filled eyes as he expressed his concern, trying to wipe away my tears. I slap his hand away, telling him to stop. His words about my tears being like daggers to his heart made me confused. I looked at him while raising my brow. He shrugged his shoulders and handed me a water bottle from the back seat.

Just then, my phone received a message notification from an unknown number, making my hands shake as I opened it. What I saw in the message made my heart stop.

I was horrified as I watched the video of my parents bound to chairs with duct tape and rope, blood covering their bodies. The bottle from my hand fell down as I sat there, paralyzed by the sight on the screen. I knew that they were punished because I had run away.

If only I had listened to my own instincts instead of obeying my mother, maybe this wouldn't have happened. Danish wouldn't have been able to do this to them if I had been at home where I belonged. The guilt and regret weighed heavily on me as I realized the consequences of my actions.

_______________________________________

Allah hafiz 💕💕

🥀One song could bring back millions of memories🥀