CHAPTER 7

Maryam Chaudhary
*********************

"Okay, class today we are discussing about criminal law", said sir Abrar writing the heading on board.

"As a criminal law expert, I will teach you about the principles and concepts involved in this area of law. We will discuss different types of crimes, the element of crime, and the punishments that accompany them. I hope you will find this topic to be both engaging and informative", he said.

"Yes sir", we all said in unison.

"Good, and are their any different laws within criminal law?", sir asked looking at us.

"Yes sir, they are but I only know two or three", I said raising my hand.

"Ok, tell me miss maryam", sir Abrar said waiting for my answer.

"Umm, white collar law, and juvenile law", I said feeling nervous what if they are wrong.

"Don't be nervous miss maryam they are right and can you please elaborate them", sir said with a chuckle.

"Sir, white collar law encompasses various criminal and civil legal issues related to financial crimes, including frauds, embezzlement, insider trading, and other non-violent illegal activities committed by business professionals or government officials.

And juvenile law is the legal system that focuses on young offenders, including those under 18. It aims to provide rehabilitation and support while holding them accountable for their actions", I said take my seat, everyone is looking at me as if I have grown two heads.

"Good, maryam and class this is your task to discuss and write about different laws within criminal law" said sir Abrar as he closed the book.

"And thats it for today class, dont forget to submit your assignments tomorrow.... you all are dismissed" sir Abrar said as the students packed their bags and went out.

"Amna tumhe pata h kal maine green eyed beauty ko mere ghar ke garden area mein dekha h", I said going out of the classroom with her.

"What? Ab usse tere ghar ka raasta bhi pata chal gaya, she said looking at me and continued "yaar mimi maine pehle hi kaha tha woh zehreela h, naag bankar rengte hue aagaya na ghar", she holding my hand with a panic in her eyes.

"Yeah! He was standing outside my window giving me a creepy smile, and he even knocked twice on window", even at the thought of him gives me chills.

"Yaar, mujhe toh sun kar hi dar lag rha h", she said as we made our way outside the university gates.

I'm scared. What if he comes and tries to kill me in my sleep? I don't want to die, oh god, save me I prayed.

"Kuch nhi hoga tension na le", she comforted me with a small smile.

As we continued to walk, we approached a tea stall near our university. But her fears didn't seem to fade. "What if he comes here?" She worriedly questioned.

As amna and I reached the tea stall, she called out to chacha for chai, while I reached for my phone to call baba to ask when he would be able to pick me up

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

As amna and I reached the tea stall, she called out to chacha for chai, while I reached for my phone to call baba to ask when he would be able to pick me up.

"Assalamualaikum, baba aap kaha ho, aur kitni der", I asked trying to hear his response over the bustling traffic in the background.

"5 minute gudiya", he said before i ended the call.

I ended the call and see her coming with chai cups in her hand. I take my chai from her and start sipping it. I look here and there sipping chai. And then I notice him again, oh god, he is here again, why can't he leave me alone? I feel my hands shake looking at him.

"Amna", I elbow her to get her attention.

"What?" She ask sipping her chai.

"He is here", I said and she started coughing vigorously.

As she tried to catch her breath, I quickly reached for the tissue box and handed her a napkin. Finally, she stopped coughing and looked at me, her eyes wide with concern.

"Are you Okay?" I asked, gently patting her back.

She nodded and took a deep breath, finally regaining her composure. "I'm okay", she said her voice a little hoarse. "Why did you elbow me so hard?"

I pointed over to where the man and his companions were coming towards us. "He is here again", I said, feeling my heart rate elevate.

Amna's eyes widened and she looked as if she had seen a ghost. " no not him again", she said, taking another sip of chai to calm her nerves.

I watched as the man approached, a confident smirk on his face. My hands were shaking as I held to my chai, trying to steady myself. I didn't want to show any sign of weakness infront of him and his companions.

As they got closer, I couldn't help but feel a sense of unease. Why did he keep appearing wherever I went? Was this some sort of cruel game to him? And who were the other two people with him?

To distract ourselves from the approaching group, I asked her about her evening plans. But all i could see was worry in her eyes. It was clear that neither of us knew how to handle the situation.

As they finally reached us, I took a deep breath and braced myself for another encounter that I never asked for.

Amna and I had been trying to enjoy our peaceful chai time, but it seemed like we couldn't escape the unwanted attention. "Lets just ignore them", Amna said, taking a sip of her chai. I nodded and did the same, but I couldn't shake the feeling of being watched.

Suddenly, I heard the familiar sound of honking, and I knew it was baba. "You are my hero, coming at just the right time," I thought to myself. Without wasting a moment, I grabbed amna's hand and ran from there, feeling relieved to have my hero by my side.

"Maine, chai ke paise nahi diye", she said while running. Ahh what the hell with chai and money now.

"Kal de denge na", I said and sigh in relief. As I stand infront of the car, I can still feel like I'm being watched. I gaze towards him and see that he is watching me, sipping his chai and then winks at me. His eyes fixed on me as I feel a shiver run down my spine. I quickly turn and get into the car, my heart racing as baba drive away, his wink lingering in my wind.

All i think is I'm fucked, thoroughly fucked.

________________________________________

Sorry for the mistakes, don't forget to vote and comment...

Allah hafiz 💕💕

Junooniyat जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें