CHAPTER 56

Danish Raza Mir
******************

"Why are you crying?", I asked, pecking her cheeks that were stained with tears. It was breaking my heart to see her like this, but refused to tell me the reason behind her tears. She was acting like a stubborn kid, which was making me angry.

"I'm not crying, get off me", she shouted, banging her fists against my shoulders.

"Please tell me, jaan. Please", I pleaded, holding her hands above her head. Tears continued to flow from her eyes as she whispered, "I want to go home", confused, I asked.

"You are in your home. Which home do you want to go to?", but she insisted.

"Mujhe baba ke pass jana hai", I couldn't help but burst into laughter at her request.

"You are not going there", I declared pulling her into my lap. She started wriggling and trying to get up, which only made me angrier.

"Stop!", I shouted, hold her face tightly and glaring at her. Her crying only got louder, and suddenly, she punched my jaw out of nowhere. I was so stunned that before I could even process it, she ran out of the room, locking the door behind her.

********

Maryam Chaudhary
*********************

I had a gut feeling that something was not right with baba. I couldn't put my fingers on it, but I knew I had to see him, I had to meet him. So, I locked him inside the room and ran downstairs. As I reached the living room, I saw his brother's or friends, I wasn't sure who they were, sitting there. I didn't waste a second and made a beeline for the main door, but they followed me.

"What's wrong, bhabhi?", Haider, one of the man, asked me as he and four others came towards me.

"Maryam, maryam", Danish's voice echoed from upstairs. Everyone's attention shifted to the top of the stairs, and then to me. All I wanted was to leave and go to back to my home.

"Maryam, I swear if you don't open the damn door right now, I'll break it!", Danish's angry voice shook me to my core. I had to get away before he came down, or he wouldn't let me go.

I turned and ran outside the house, only to be met by a group of his gun men, who had their weapons ready and aimed at me.

"We can't let you go, ma'am. It's the boss's order", the man with a dark beard and wearing white kurta said, as he ended the call he was on. Fear gripped me, what if Danish kill me, like he killed that man that day?

Suddenly, an arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me towards it. I knew it was Danish; no one else would dare to touch me like that because they knew he will kill them.

"My jaan is very brave, I must say", he whispered into my ear, his warm breath sending shivers down my spine.

"Please Danish", my voice broke, tears forming in my eyes. I didn't know why I said that, but I did, and everyone in the room was looking at us. I could feel their eyes on me, which was making me feel embarrassed.

"You guys can leave. Asad, you come in", Danish said tightly, as he pulled my hand and led me inside the house. I was mess of emotions - Fear, anger, confusion, and hate. But right now, I just wanted to see baba and make sure he was okay.

________________________________________

Allah hafiz 💕💕

🥀No love is greater than; that of a father for his daughter 🥀