CHAPTER 25

Khalid Chaudhary
*******************

"You never told me how you know my daughter", I ask, studying Haider's nervous smile.

"Well, uh, my sister is in the same class as your daughter", Haider finally stammeres out, causing his friends to look at him in confusion. Curious, I step my sandwich down and press on, "and what is your sister's name?".

"Her name is, uh, Asiya", he stutters awkwardly. It strikes me as a odd that a brother would have saying his sister's name.

"I have never heard that before from Maryam", I said, studying the three individuals intently. "She joined two months back", Azaan stated, his friends nodded in agreement. A sense of satisfaction washed over me as I accurately deduced that they were lying, evident from their expressions. Being a lawyer has its perks, one of them being able to read people's faces effortlessly, discerning the truth from their facade.

Well, I must say Azaan can lie directly by maintaining a eye-contact confidently, Haider on the other hand, seemed uneasy, avoiding eye-contact. I recalled seeing him at the office before, causing me to further scrutinize his behaviour. I could sense that there was more to their connection with my daughter than they were letting on.

As I looked at Haider, I inquired if he worked at 'Mir Enterprises', to which he nodded in agreement. Then, I asked if Junaid Raza Mir and Danish Raza Mir were related. Bilal confirmed that they are father and son. It dawned on me that the cruel traits must runs in the family. And I shook my head in disgust. Only the Mir's could be so ruthless, like father, like son. It was a disappointing realization about the nature of those involved.

I ask them if they are related to Junaid Raza Mir, waiting for an answer. They look at each other and then nod towards me. I realize that it's all a trap, from buying the orphanage to attempting to harm gudiya. Junaid Raza Mir is a manipulative and deceitful person. I feel trapped in his clutches once again, just like my family was a decade ago. Junaid's actions have brought nothing but despair and misery into our lives.

"Yasmine, we need to leave", I said urgently, rising from the table and guiding her to her feet. Gripping her hand tightly, we hurried towards Maryam's room, my heart racing with a sense of impending doom. As we entered the hospital, my fears became reality when I saw Danish Raza Mir, the son of infamous Junaid Raza Mir, standing in Maryam's room.

"What the hell are you doing here?", I demanded as I entered the room, Danish turns his head towards me, making me glare at him. How dare he enter this room? "I just came to check on her", he mumbles, while turning to face me fully, his hands in his pockets. I see his eyes, so similar to his mother's, and I feel a pang of gratitude that he has at least one trait from her. For the most part, though, he has inherited his father's shitty personality.

"Just leave the room, and never come back", I told Danish, guiding him towards the door. He shook his head, standing his ground, and looking at me. "I'm planning of staying here until she recovers", he said, glancing back at my gudiya who lay attached to wires for the past 24 hours. "You are not welcome here", I stated firmly, glaring at him. He chuckled, as though my warning was a joke.

"No matter what you say. I'll be staying here until Maryam recovers, and when she does, she'll be coming with me", he said smugly. Confused, I turned to Danish and asked about gudiya joining him. "She will be my wife", he declared, a smile playing on his lips. Anger surged through me at the audacity of his claim on my gudiya.

"Over my dead body", I shouted through gritted teeth, to which he chuckles and takes his steps towards me

"It appears, I have no other option but to kill you", he stated, coming closer to me and whispering in my ear.

"I won't let you marry my daughter, even if it costs me my life", I screamed, shoving him out of the room. He responded with a maniac laughter from the other side of the door and shouted,"dekhte h mamu jaan dekhte h".

_______________________________________

Allah hafiz 💕💕