Taehyung (Slow Dancing)

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆"My heart beats for you" ⋆*:*・゚

──────

Even though im working on the Love wins all short fic i miss him alot so here i am 😭😭

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Why do you not want to go to the prom Y/n!" Taehyung, Y/n's best friend whined, thrashing around on the bed as Y/n continued reading the book she was reading.

"Because I don't want to," she lied. The truth was she didn't know how to dance and her crush a.k.a who she would've wanted to ask out was right beside her, pouting about her choice.

"Nuh-uh, that's not it. You need to get your introvert ass out of home," he sat upright, a serious expression.

"No can do," Y/n grumbled, tears pricking at her eyes from being torn in between wanting to go but not wanting to embarrass herself in front of anyone, especially Taehyung.

Taehyung seemed to realize his words and pressing on had struck a nerve, so he immediately pulled a reluctant Y/n into his embrace, placing her head on his chest and pressing lips to the top of her forehead. Y/n finally relaxed in his arms and he stroked her hair gently.

"What happened, talk to me," he mumbled, shifting his position so they were now leaning against the headboard of the bed, Y/n in his arms as he looked down at her, an encouraging look on his face.

"I- it's just that- it's embarrassing," she squeaked, holding onto him a little tighter, making Taehyung's brows furrow. Nothing was embarrassing when it came to them. They talked about almost everything without being uncomfortable.

It was a great thing between them that many people seemed to be jealous of. Their love for each other was so platonically romantic that the amount of times they were shipped by people or even mistaken as a couple was crazy.

Around the years of friendship they had developed feelings for each other, but like every friendship, they were too scared to ruin what they had. Even though it wasn't labeled romantic, cuddling, little kisses on the forehead and cheek or just calling each other nicknames jokingly was normal between them; a feat not all friends managed to acheive.

And they were so hopelessly in love that they never even realized it. To them it was just something special about their friendship they cherished.

"You know you can talk about anything Y/n," he mumbled, and Y/n sighed audibly before sitting up, fiddling with her fingers nervously.