F o u r t y - N i n e - Effects

It's been a week now, Penny had gotten better for good. But she can't participate in the upcoming championship, which is really affecting her badly.

I'm trying to make it up to her as hard as I can, I still didn't forget what emily did. I can't sue her in law, there are no proof, they deleted the tapes. The school knew about what happened. But They couldn't dare to speak because of Emily's parents positions.

Everyone kept calling to ask about her. I was glad people asked about her and visited her, it affected her positively. She knows now that people at school don't hold anything against her.

I'm still thinking in any way to get revenge on Emily. I wouldn't let it pass. she almost killed penny, I'm not ready to watch her try that again. The forty eight hours we spent at the hospital were the most terrifying in my life after Adrien's death. I put on my clothes and went to pick Penny up.

I knocked as Adora opened the door for me. "I made you pancakes." She patted my shoulder. I smiled sitting on the kitchen bar as I ate her delicious pancakes.

"If my mum knows I eat it here, she would kill me." I mumbled. "Why?" Adora giggled, handing me the chocolate syrup. "Because hers aren't good." I snorted, making her giggle.

"Eat as much as you want. It's our little secret." She smiled softly. I got up with whip cream on my mouth and kissed her cheek, making her squeal as the whip cream was now on her cheek.

"You big fox." She hit my arm playfully, before I gave her a hug and went back to eat.

I suddenly felt hands grabbing my shoulders. I turned my neck backwards. It was Penny. I got up hugging her careful not to hurt her, she rested the side of her head on my chest. I held her for a few seconds there. Before she sat for breakfast too.

Penny didn't look so good, she looks in pain. But I don't want to say with Adora here. "I'll go for a shower. Take care." Adora spoke. We nodded as I heard the bathroom door close.

"Hey, Are you okay? You don't look good." I turned to her, placing my hand on her thigh. "Yeah, my ribcage hurts me a little." she replied , her voice kind of quite. "Penny are you sure? we can call Dr. Samson or even go to him if you want." I coeed gently, cupping her face in my hands.

"No , Lucas I'm okay. I will tell you if I feel tired. Our classes are together today. It's not a big deal." She smiled softly, resting her head on my chest as I rubbed her back gently. I made a mental note to text Dr. Samson.

"Are you ready?" I asked softly. "Yeah, let's go." She replied. We got up as I held her bag for her and we headed to the car. I made sure to drive carefully to not hurt her. She is really tired. I can't wait till something happens.

I texted Dr. Samson. He told me about a medicine she could take for the pain and it's normal symptoms after the surgery.

We went to the school, I held Penny's hands all the way. She kept saying I was over protective, but I don't care. I have to keep my attention on her today.

We headed for our history class. She was drinking so much water. Resting her head on my shoulder every now and then. The teacher didn't mind since she knew Penny wasn't fully healed. Everyone was caring for her and that what makes me feel safe.

We finished History class and we had a break. Penny went to the bathroom and then we went to the cafeteria. I made salad and a sandwich for her. She has to take care of her immunity and I'm not allowing her to eat junk food, which makes her want to kill me.

I got out the salad and the sandwiches wrap for her. she looked up at me. "You gotta be kidding me." She mumbled. "You need healthy food, no junk food Penny. We discussed that." I said sternly. She huffed out. "I'm not hungry anyway." She mumbled, making me chuckle.