The Belly of the Beast

(Out in the Desert of Doom, Zane is tending to the Land Bounty while the ninja are stranded on the rock. Vultures fly overhead.)

Jay: Ugh, vultures. That's never a good sign.

Zane: (On the radio.) They are carrion birds. It is a sign they believe we are a potential meal...

Jay: Oh, thanks, Zane. Way to boost morale.

Nya: Can you guys keep it down? I'm trying to reach P.I.X.A.L. on the radio. Come in. P.I.X.A.L.? Can you hear me? Mayday, mayday! Come in, P.I.X.A.L..

Lloyd: (Comes in.) Any luck?

Nya: Nothing. There's something wrong with the long-range transmitter, but I can't figure out what.

Lloyd: Okay, well... don't give up. (Joins Cole, Coral, and Kai outside, carrying supplies.) And that's the last of it.

Kai: That's not good. Less than a day's supply of water.

Izzy: Great! 

Cole: And the ATV and the Dune Bounty are wrecked. And the Rock Cycle isn't fast enough to outrun those beetles!

Kai: Well, even if it could, it would only carry one of us.

Lloyd: Maybe Nya could draw some water out of the air?

(They all look at the dry desert.) 

Cole: In this heat? Low humidity? I don't think so.

Izzy: Well, we're dead. (They turn to the sound of Jay carving a rock.)

Kai: Jay, what are you doing?

Jay: Carving a message on this rock.

Coral: Why? 

 Jay: So people know who we are when they find our bones.

Lloyd: Can we try to be a little more optimistic, please?

Zane: I'm afraid there's little cause for optimism. Our situation is dire. The Bounty's engine will not start without the Thermolytic Inverter.

Cole: The thermo-what?

Zane: It is a critical engine component.

Kai: Well, what's wrong with it?

Zane: It is missing. I believe ripped through the hull.

Jay: Bernie.

Zane: (Ignores jay.) He tore that component out and swallowed it.

Jay: Ugh. Well, that's just great! First, a giant beetle tries to eat us alive. Then, we smash into a pile of rocks. (Storms off, complaining.) Or have any water!

Lloyd: Can't we use the ATV's converter?

Zane: It was also damaged.

Nya: What about the Rock Cycle's converter?

Zane: It isn't adequate for a vehicle the size of the Dune Bounty.

Coral: Well we need to find a way. 

Jay: That is the only thing we can say. Useless pile of (Kicks a rock.) unh! Aw, this stinks! (Kicks again, accidentally hurting his foot. Rock tumbles, alerting Beohernie. He rises from the sand, tilting the rock Jay is on. Jay starts running, and turns to see Beohernie trying to eat him.) No, no, no! (The ninja are discussing what to do about the Inverter when they hear Jay cry out.) Ahhh!