An Unlikely Ally

(The morning after the battle with the Blizzard Samurai, Nya and Jay are repairing the roof on Sorla's home.)

Nya: (Shivers.) Wow. It is cold up here. We should've gone inside with Izzy and warm up.

Jay: (Shivers.) Yeah. My hands are frozen. (Drops the hammer.) I can barely feel my... (Slides off the roof.) Huh? Wha-ah!

Nya: Jay!

Cole: (The hammer lands on the pile of snow Cole is shoveling.) Huh? (He looks up to see Jay falling down.)

Jay: Ahh! (He lands on the snow pile in front of Cole and Coral.)

Cole: Jay? Do you mind? We're trying to work here.

Nya: Jay! Are you okay?

Jay: (Cole yanks him up.) Aw, yeah. Just great. But I'm getting a little tired of all this ice and snow.

Coral: So am I. (Nya jumps off the roof to join them.)

Cole: Hey, Nya? Ice is water, right? Why can't you just, you know, use your Elemental Powers and clear away all this snow and ice for us?

Nya: Guess I can't command water when it's frozen. It won't move.

Cole: Aw, that's a bummer. (Nya realizes what he's saying and frowns.) You could've been really useful. (Jay and Coral see Nya's expression and tries to signal Cole to stop talking.) Wouldn't that be awesome? If she could just wave her hands and presto! Job done! (Continues shoveling.) That would save us hours and hours of slow, boring, back-breaking work. (Nya bends down and makes a snowball.) Oh, well, we'll just have to do it the slow, boring, back-breaking way. (Nya chucks it at him.) Ow! Hey...

Jay: (Chuckles.) Speaking of slow, where's Kai? (Three children run by towards Kai, lying in a hammock, holding fish on sticks.)

Children: Hey! Fire Maker! Fire Maker! Fire Maker!

Child #1: Make the fire! Make the fire!

Child #2: Mine too!

Child #3: Cook mine! Cook mine!

Kai: Okay, okay, one at a time. (He cooks their fish, and they leave, chattering happily.)

Child #2: Oh, yeah! You were right! Look at his big gang!

Kai: Hey, where are you going? There's more where that came from! Fire Maker has more miracles!

Nya: Fire Maker has more miracles?

Kai: Eh, just keeping the kids entertained.

Nya: Ah, okay, as long as you're not straining yourself.

Kai: Oh, no. I feel great! You know, this place is actually growing on me. It's really not so bad. (He lies down and relaxes.)

Jay: (Jay and Cole exchange looks and play along.) Well, that's good. That's what it's all about, isn't it?

Cole: You bet. Rest and relaxation.

Kai: It is?

Nya: No! It isn't! (She grabs Kai's hammock and swings it so hard Kai slams to the ground. Nya storms away.)

Cole: (Laughs.) Hahaha!

Coral: (Chuckles.) Haha!

Kai: Hey! (Nya leaves, panting, and gasps when she runs into Sorla.)