Awakenings

(Lloyd and Coral confront Zane in the Throne Room of the Castle of Ice.)

Lloyd: It's time we finished this, Zane, once and for all.

Ice Emperor: My name is not Zane!

Coral: Yes, it is! (She throws off her hood.) And you're going to remember it, if we have to knock it into your thick Nindroid skull!

Akita: You... know the Emperor?!

Lloyd: He's not an Emperor. He's our friend. He's the one we're here to rescue. It's hard to explain, but we can't let you hurt him, Akita.

Akita: (She growls and her anger helps break her hand free from the corrupted ice.) My will is not yours to command!

Lloyd: (He grabs her arms.) Akita, no! This isn't the way! You're letting your anger control you!

Coral: Calm down!

Akita: Stand aside, Lloyd and Coral. Or with him!

Lloyd: I won't let you hurt Zane! He's my—Gah! (The Emperor smacks his staff  against all three of them.)

Ice Emperor: There is no Zane! (He knocks Akita down and blasts his Ice at her.)

Lloyd: No! (He does Spinjitzu, blocking the Ice.)

(Meanwhile, Kataru and Grimfax are trying to hold off Vex and the Blizzard Samurai for Lloyd and Coral. They try to run away in one direction and then the other, but find themselves surrounded on all sides.)

Vex: Well, well, well... (Grimfax and Kataru exchange glances and both choose to fight. They are able to resist the army, but not for long. The Blizzard Warriors chain Kataru up and the rest of them jump on Grimfax.) Lock this traitor in the dungeon and throw the animal in with him. The rest of you, follow me! (They storm off to the Throne Room.)

(Meanwhile the rest of the ninja, Izzy, and Krag jump out of the Land Bounty.)

Cole: I hope P.I.X.A.L. wasn't expecting us to bring the Bounty back in one piece or anything.

Nya: (She touches Boreal.) It's ice. It's pure ice! It's an elemental creation!

Kai: What?

Cole: Are you sure?

Jay: The Emperor must be an Elemental Master of Ice, just like Zane! 

Izzy: What are the odds?

Nya: Oh, no! How could I be so foolish?

Jay: What?

Nya: The Emperor. What if he's not an Ice Elemental like Zane? What if he is Zane?

(Cole, Kai, Jay, Izzy, and Krag gasp.)

Cole: What?!

Izzy: That can't be! 

Kai: Zane would never hurt anyone.

Nya: Not in his normal state, no. (Boreal starts to regain consciousness.) But he was holding the Scroll of Forbidden Spinjitzu when Aspheera blasted him into the Never-Realm!

Cole: Which Master Wu said would corrupt anyone whoever held it.

Jay: What about the time difference? How do you explain that?

Nya: I can't, but it's the only thing that adds up. Somehow, Zane is the Ice Emperor.

Kai: We gotta warn Lloyd before he g— (Boreal is fully awake and tosses the Land Bounty off him.) RUN! (They sprint off and leap out of the way as Boreal blasts his Ice out. He smacks his tail against Kai and he sails through the air.) Ahhh! Ungh!