Krag's Lament

(Cole and Izzy are facing off against Krag. His roar can be heard from the Great Lake.)

Cole: That's right, Krag! I'm sure you've terrorized all kinds of travelers, but you've never faced a ninja before! (Leaps at Krag and Spinjitzus.) Ninja, go! (He knocks him back against a ledge.) 

Izzy: Yes, take that! 

Cole: We came here to find the Traveler's Tree! No overgrown ape is gonna stop us! (Krag rips off a branch and smacks Cole with it. Cole and Izzy crash into a rock and the snow falls down on them. Krag growls in victory.)

(Nya and Jay are climbing the mountain, looking for Cole and Krag. They hear Krag's victory roar.)

Nya: That has to be the creature those call Krag.

Jay: Yeah, that's a bad sound. Every time I hear a sound like that, it's big with lots of teeth!

Nya: And I'm betting Cole got himself into some serious trouble. This is partly our fault, you know.

Jay: Oh! I had no idea how sensitive he was about losing the Traveler's Tea!

Nya: Even if he was sensitive, he shouldn't have run off by himself, even if he had Izzy with him! 

Jay: Oh, I hope we aren't too late! Why didn't we bring Weapons?!

(Cole and Izzy wake up to find themselves in an unknown cave.)

Cole: Where? (He looks around and stops when he sees a big footprint.) Oh, no! (He continues down the cave until he hears Krag's sound and hides.) Ahh!

Izzy: He's coming back! (Krag approaches the last spot Cole was, only to find he has disappeared. Cole leaps at Krag.) 

Cole: Ha-yah! (Krag charges at him. Cole runs away, but slips, bonking into an icicle. As Krag approaches him, he uses his to punch the floor and a stalactite falls down on Krag, trapping him. Cole turns and runs up the stairs, and finds himself in a bedroom.) What? Bunk beds? 

Izzy: He sleeps in style? How many Krags are there? 

Cole: (He sees all the blankets on one bed.) Huh. I guess just one. (He walks over to some flowers and sees burial mounds.) Burial mounds? He's the last one. (He hears Krag's groaning and tries to walk away.) Ugh. Don't do it. Just keep going. That's the smart thing. Keep going. (He stops and runs back.) Oh, darn it, Cole!

(Krag struggles to get the icicle off him. Cole sees the branch and picks a berry off it.)

Krag: (Points to his mouth and makes chewing sounds.) Mmm. Om, om.

Cole: Food? You brought these for us? To eat?

Krag: (Nods.) Yeh.

Cole: (Winces and pretends to eat it, putting it in his back pouch.) You didn't always live alone in this cave, did you? There were more of your kind. (Krag nods.) Your family? What happened to them? (Krag turns and growls at something on the ground. Cole goes over and picks up a crossbow.) Ice Samurai? (Krag growls in response.) 

Izzy: They took your family away from you. And now you're all alone, huh? 

Cole: Boy, did I misread things? I thought you were attacking us, but you weren't, were you? You were saving us! (He recalls the scene.) The bridge was breaking and you saved us! And then, we attacked you, and you were just defending yourself, weren't you? Oh, wow. Way to go, Cole. (He uses his Earth Punch to push the icicle off Krag.) Friends? (Krag grabs him and squeezes him.) Ahh! Whoa. Oh-okay. I... can't breathe. Put friends down? (Krag excitedly jumps from one foot to the other and twirls around.)