My Enemy, My Friend

(Jay, Cole, Izzy, and Nya come down from the mountain, snowboarding and laughing, with Krag behind them. Cole jumps over some skeleton bones and lands on the bottom with Nya and Jay. Krag slides down and crashes into Cole and Jay, and they both laugh.)

Cole: Yeah! Alright!

Jay: I still can't believe you found a Traveler's Tree, Cole. (Nya joins them, brushing snow off herself and they walk off towards the village.)

Cole: Me neither. Who would've thought Traveler's Tea comes from a tree, right?

Nya: I wonder how we turn it into tea.

Izzy: Maybe as you do with regular tea? 

Jay: Yeah, or maybe that old lady in the village can help! She probably knows a lot of weird stuff.

Nya: Sorla? Yeah, hopefully.

Izzy: She's like Mystake. You don't think she's an Oni too, do you? 

Nya: Probably not. 

Cole: All I know is I am not losing these leaves again. I'm keeping them tucked right here, safe and— (Krag roars and then sniffs.) What's up, Krag? What do you smell?

(They all hear a roaring sound. They spot an ice dragon and run off to hide behind the ice. Boreal does not see them and passes by, heading for the village.)

Jay: (Gasps.) What was that? (Krag growls.)

Nya: A dragon!

Cole: Looks like it's heading for the village!

Izzy: We gotta follow it! (Boreal continues flying toward the village and Krag, Cole, Nya, and Jay break out into run.)

(In the Great Lake, Boma and Uthaug try to break the ice.)

Uthaug: Uh. You're doing it wrong! Let me try. (He takes the ice breaker.)

Boma: The ice is just too thick!

Uthaug: (Scoffs.) Too thick for you, maybe, but I'm stronger.

Boma: Ugh, everyone knows I'm the strong one, Uthaug, if I can't do it, you don't have a chance.

Uthaug: What are you talking about? Look at my muscles, I don't even want to flex. I like these clothes! (Three children run across a bridge with fish. They pass by Sorla and head towards Kai, who is sleeping in a hammock.)

Child #1: Kai, Kai! Light our fish!

Kai: Okay, okay, one at a time! (Kai starts to cook their fish with his Fire, but they are interrupted by a roar. They see Boreal heading towards them. Boreal flies over the village, surveying it.)

Child #2: What was that?

Kai: Get inside, all of you. (Boreal starts freezing the village. Kai grabs one of the children.) Run! (They take off, running. Kai starts to follow them but stops. He tries to summon his Fire.) You can do it, you can do it! Come on, Kai, come on! Come on, come on! Come on! (Just as Boreal freezes the path, Kai dodges and turns around. He sees some of the Ice Fishers frozen.) Oh, no! (He hears more cries and spots Sorla, Uthaug, and Boma running away.)

Sorla: Run!

Kai: (He runs up to them and reaches out his hand to Sorla, just as the ice encases her.) Sorla! No. No, no, no. (Boreal continues freezing the village and Kai jumps on a rooftop of a cabin, trying to distract it.) Here, over here! (Boreal turns around and Kai starts up his Fire. He manages to create a weak shield and uses it against Boreal's ice, but gets knocked off of the roof.) Whoa-ahh! (Finished with the job, Boreal heads back to the Castle of Ice.) Unh. (He gets up, groaning, and gasps at the sight of the frozen village.) No. Anyone? Is anyone there? (After walking around and finding out he is the only one left, Kai sits down, defeated.)