Return of the Overlord

(A beam of light from the Celestial Clock has just struck the Stone Army camp.)

Overlord: Behold, my final gift to you: Garmatron!

Garmadon: It's...it's beautiful.

Kozu: We've retrieved your helmet, and two prisoners, my Dark Lord.

Nya: (Grunting) You'll never get away with this! Our friends will put a stop to you!

Amethyst: That's right. You'll be sorry.

Garmadon: (Laughs) Red and purple don't seem to be your colors. (He gags them by stuffing apples in their mouths.) I think it's time we try in a darker shade. Hand me the Dark Matter. I believe we've found our first test subjects.

(They begin pushing them head into the box of Dark Matter.)

(Meanwhile, the ninja find Dr. Julien on the Endless Sea's shore.)

Julien: What was that sound? The horns?

Wu: The Celestial Clock has reached zero. Garmadon's ultimate weapon is now operational and the Final Battle between good and evil has all but begun.

Misako: Now Lloyd must face his father.

Julien: But where's Nya?

Wu: She's been taken by the Overlord, but we'll get her back. At the moment, there are bigger things at stake, including all of itself.

Jay: Who cares about Ninjago? Nya was my—uh, my...you know.

Kai: And she's my sister. I know her being captured is tough, but she's tougher. Tougher than most of us. We'll see her again.

Coral: I hope the same for my mom.

Wu: Lloyd, your focus gives strength to invoking the power of the Golden Dragon. You cannot lose faith now. Everything rests on your shoulders.

Lloyd: But Sensei, you saw what happened when I tried to face my father. I-I froze. I can't fight him.

Wu: You must. It is written in the scrolls.

Misako: Remember, your father is just as scared.

Wu: Then the battle will be decided by who is willing to fight.

Kai: You won't be alone. I'll be right behind you. You have my fire.

Cole: You have my earth.

Zane: And my ice.

Coral: And my crystal.

Jay: And lightning.

Cole: We're all in this together, kid.

Lloyd: What are we waiting for? Let's suit up. (The team prepares for battle.) I'm ready. (They run towards Garmadon's camp.) Get down, now.

Kai: They won't know what hit them.

Jay: Time to chop wood.

All: Ninja, go! (They break open the gates, but find the campsite abandoned.)

Jay: Uh, where the heck is everybody?

Cole: Ugh, and here I was all ready to release the thunder.

Kai: The ultimate weapon is gone. We're too late. Nya? Nya!

Coral: Mom! Are you here?

Zane: (The Falcon screeches.) My Falcon friend wants to show us something. (The Falcon shows them the Garmatron's tracks.)