The Glitch

(The ninja walk through an arcade cabinet to a forest, while wearing new suits.) 

Kai: I still don't get how you got that group of nutjobs to do everything you say.

Jay: Uh. The League of Jays aren't "nutjobs." They're fans. And they're awesome.

Cole: Just 'cause they're fans, doesn't mean they're not nutjobs.

Jay: Oh, you're just jealous because—

Nya: Can we focus for a second on the reason we're here? To get one of the three keys we need to unlock the final arcade cabinet and get into Unagami's Temple?

Kai: Right. What were they called again? The... the key things?

Voice: Key-Tana. (They look over and see a man.)

Nya: Oh. Hi. (They remove their hoods and Nya steps forward.) Who are you?

Man: I am terrible. I was a guide. It was my duty to lead adventurers such as yourself through this land.

Jay: Uh, it's not anymore?

Man: I have failed too many masters. (He looks over at the swords of lost masters.) To my endless shame. (The ninja look at one another.)

Coral: Well, we would be honored to have your help, humble samurai.

Kai: Yeah, because we really have no clue what we're doing. I mean like none.

Cole: Don't worry, buddy, we've lost plenty of fights too. But you can't let it get you down, right?

Lloyd: I'm Lloyd. What's your name?

Man: I... am Okino.

Lloyd: Nice to meet you, Okino. That's Cole, Kai, Nya, Coral, and Jay.

(Lloyd gestures to each of the ninja.)

Okino' I am honored. Allow me humbly to pledge my service.

(Okino bows, offering his sword.)

Nya: Oh, gee, that's really not-

Okino: I, Okino, samurai, pledge to serve you, and do all in my power to protect you and guide you to the Key-Tana.

(Okino bows on one knee.)

Lloyd: Thanks, Okino. That's-

Kai: Just out of curiosity, when you said you failed all your previous masters, how many are we talking here? Two? Three?

Nya: (Whispers) Kai...

Kai: What? I can ask that, can't I?

Okino: (Sighs and gestures to the large amount of swords in the ground.)

Jay: Oh... Yeah...

Lloyd: Okay, so a few. But this time will be different. Right, Okino?

Okino: Yes, I swear it.

Coral: Alright then. Lead on, Okino. We trust you.

(Okino picks up his sword.)

Okino: This way. Into the Forest of Discontent. And then beyond, past the Cliffs of Hysteria. And finally, the Maze of the Red Dragon.

(Okino and the ninja head into the Forest of Discontent. When the enter, they stop.)

Kai: Forest of Discontent? Why do they call it that?

(Spikes start shooting out of the nearby bushes. Okino blocks them with his sword.)