Chapter 26: What To Do When The Teacher Is Too Rebellious

"Whether you want me to leave or stay, it's really difficult for me to handle." Mutsuki looked at Asuma with a somewhat ambiguous smile.

"Can't we discuss this? How about we compromise? I won't have such high expectations, and during class, you'll have to listen to me." Asuma negotiated with Mutsuki.

He wasn't unwilling to be taught; he just had a rebellious streak and didn't want to accept his old father's arrangements.

"No, no, no. It's not about your high demands; it's my lack of ability. I can't meet your requirements, so I'll just leave." Upon hearing Asuma's proposal, Mutsuki turned around and walked away.

"Alright, forget about listening to me. Just don't leave for now." Asuma, seeing Mutsuki about to leave the backyard in a hurry, hastily called out again. He couldn't help but admire Mutsuki.

"Can we start the class now?" Mutsuki asked with a cheerful smile.

Dealing with rebellious students like Asuma required being even more rebellious than him, using fire to defeat fire.

"Forget it, let's just go with this. What do you want to teach?" Asuma was momentarily at a loss.

In his plan, he should be the one to suggest Mutsuki leave, and then Mutsuki would negotiate with him. He should be in control.

Although he felt indifferent and even somewhat averse to his own identity, he couldn't deny that being the son of the Hokage did provide him with many conveniences.

Mutsuki glanced around and said, "Let's train outside; it's not convenient here."

Mutsuki took Asuma outside for training, leading him to a small forest with a river.

"Let's test your Chakra Control first. Try climbing the tree." Mutsuki pointed to a tall evergreen tree and said to Asuma.

"Climb a tree? That's easy. Watch me climb." Asuma's eyes flickered, and he chuckled, thinking of a clever way.

He walked up to a robust and tall evergreen tree, without using Chakra. Instead, using both his hands and feet, he climbed to the top like an agile monkey.

Asuma, with a smug expression, shouted, "See how fast I can climb this tree."

He certainly knew what Mutsuki meant by climbing the tree, but he just didn't want to cooperate, doing it deliberately.

Sarutobi Hiruzen, observing Mutsuki's teaching methods through a crystal ball, fell silent, rubbing his forehead with some resignation.

Although he used to be nicknamed the monkey, he had never done something like this before. What was his son thinking?

"You climbed fast, and your limb strength is good." Mutsuki didn't react as impatiently as Asuma had imagined. Instead, he smiled and praised.

Then Mutsuki found a slender tree, cut off its branches, splashed it with oil, and smiled at Asuma, saying:

"Consider the earlier climb a warm-up. Let's start the official tree climbing now."

Asuma looked at the slender tree, bare like a stick, with oil dripping down. His mouth twitched involuntarily. With a tree like this, no matter how skilled he was at climbing, it was impossible to ascend it barehanded.

"It's okay if you can't climb. Acknowledging your shortcomings is also a manifestation of a noble spirit," Mutsuki said casually.

"Who can't climb? Don't underestimate me." Asuma, this freshly graduated nine-year-old kid, couldn't bear the provocation. He immediately infused Chakra into his feet and steadily walked to the top of the tree.