Chapter 82: Opening The Door To A New World

"Right now, it seems like our Confusion Jutsu isn't too different from the regular Clone Jutsu," Kotetsu exclaimed during the break.

"Yeah, whether transforming into a monster or turningi into the opponent, there's hardly any significant difference compared to the ordinary Clone Jutsu when facing skilled opponents," agreed Izumo with a nod.

From class battles to grade-level skirmishes, they watched two battles between Anko and Shisui.

In their view, Anko had performed exceptionally well, playing a hand with both real and fake Anko after revealing the appearance of Shisui's clone. Nevertheless, Anko still couldn't successfully confuse Shisui and was easily defeated.

"I think I should stick to my approach, instantly creating clones scary enough to draw attention, and then seize the opportunity to strike," Izumo believed that his strategy was not wrong; it's just that the monsters created now aren't frightening enough.

"But Izumo, you couldn't even beat Anko," denied Kotetsu.

"But I beat you, Kotetsu," Izumo asserted that he had at least defeated Kotetsu.

"If you can beat Shisui, then I'll think your strategy is fine," Kotetsu tried to shift the focus to Shisui.

However, Izumo had already seen through Kotetsu's intentions and chuckled, "As long as I beat you, Kotetsu, it's enough."

"You got thrashed by Anko."

"But I beat you," Izumo attacked by hitting a sore point.

Kotetsu couldn't hold back, feeling that the final exam was a significant failure in his life.

"I really think you two don't understand anything," Ebisu, passing by, overheard their conversation, lifted a finger in a disdainful manner, adjusting the nose bridge of his sunglasses.

Such a good idea, and they end up transforming into monsters; what a waste.

"You are..." Kotetsu scratched his head, somewhat puzzled.

"He seems to be a senpai from Group B," Izumo whispered.

Due to Ebisu wearing sunglasses, Izumo had a certain impression of him.

"Senpai, since you know we don't understand, why not give us some guidance?" Kotetsu felt that pooling their ideas might be beneficial.

Saying this, Kotetsu took out a bag of potato chips and handed it to Ebisu.

After looking around for a while to ensure no one was too close to them, Ebisu finally accepted the potato chips.

Ebisu sat down and gestured for Izumo and Kotetsu to come closer.

"Your approach is not bad. The most important thing in Clone Jutsu is to disturb the enemy, but you shouldn't think about transforming into monsters," Ebisu advised Izumo.

"Instead of becoming monsters, it's better to create..." Ebisu's voice lowered significantly, and the eyes of Izumo and Kotetsu widened.

"Senpai, are you a genius?" Kotetsu sincerely admired.

He imagined the Confusion Jutsu that Ebisu mentioned, feeling that he would definitely fall for it. After all, which man could resist such temptation?

"I think this technique has great potential," Izumo couldn't wait to develop it following Ebisu's approach.

"Cough, if you use it, don't say it was my idea," Ebisu looked around cautiously before speaking.

Kotetsu nodded and then asked, "Senpai, what's your name? I'm Kotetsu."

"I'm Izumo," Izumo introduced himself.

"Ebisu," Ebisu stood up and spoke without turning around.

Kotetsu and Izumo silently noted down the name, watching as Ebisu left. There was respect in their eyes; this was truly a favor from a mentor. Today, Ebisu had opened a door to a new world for them.

As the afternoon approached the end of the school day, Mutsuki called off the training and gathered everyone together.

"Starting this week, there will be a strength test every week, and every two weeks, there will be a practical test. Outstanding test results can lead to promotion to higher groups for further training," Mutsuki announced the upcoming special training schedule related to exams.

Mutsuki couldn't resist the temptation to test if the system could be exploited. Disciples who performed well in the exams were rewarded, and although he had limited authority in the Academy and couldn't influence the number of exams, he had full control over this summer special training. He could design the tests however he wanted.

Even though he had considered that this might not work before, now that he had the ability to experiment, he wanted to give it a try. After all, if it didn't yield any rewards, it wouldn't affect much. But if it worked, it could result in significant gains.

"What's the difference between these two?" Anko asked.

"The strength test doesn't require you to fight; it evaluates your proficiency in Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, and other skills through an exam format. On the other hand, the practical test involves group members engaging in combat following the Ninja Academy's practical exam format," Mutsuki explained.

Anko understood when Mutsuki put it that way. The strength test was similar to yesterday's group test, while the practical test was essentially a brawl.

After Mutsuki finished explaining the arrangements, it was time for the end of the class. Mutsuki didn't delay and promptly announced the end of the school day.

Following the routine from the previous day, Mutsuki headed back to the main city area for dinner before going to the southern forest to continue teaching his disciples.

However, after the disciples left, Mutsuki didn't return to the main city area; instead, he continued his own training.

"It's done." Mutsuki nodded in satisfaction while looking at the Chakra ball emitting a faint glow in his palm which was the Rasengan, and it had already been mastered in his skill list.

Although he knew the training process for Rasengan and the advanced Chakra shape transformation, he had spent too little time on Rasengan. So, it was only now that he completed the training for Rasengan.

With Mutsuki having to attend classes every day, teach his disciples, delve into Sealing Jutsu, and add breath control exercises for body strengthening, he could only start developing Rasengan after completing all these tasks.

The reason why he didn't prioritize Rasengan was mainly because it didn't provide much help in boosting his current strength. Rasengan consumed too much Chakra. Despite its appearance as a palm-sized Chakra Ball, it contained highly compressed Chakra, requiring a significant amount.

For him at this stage, the benefits of using Rasengan were not as significant as those of other advanced Ninjutsu.

Mutsuki's main purpose in developing Rasengan is to lend a helping hand when Minato is working on Rasengan in the future, ensuring that Minato owes him a favor.

Rasengan drew inspiration from the Tailed Beast Bomb, and considering Kushina wouldn't use the Tailed Beast Bomb against Minato, factoring in the timing, the inspiration must have come during the Third Great Ninja War when encountering a Tailed Beast on the battlefield.

Therefore, Minato should not have completed the development of Rasengan at this point.

Until he attains invincible strength, Mutsuki wishes to have many good friends. Secondly, even though Rasengan may not be useful now, it doesn't mean it won't be in the future.

In the future, with an abundance of Chakra and mastery of Sage Mode, he can create Rasengan with various Nature Transformations, even develop techniques like the Rasenshuriken. If all else fails, he can use it to reward his disciples.

---

Don't forget to check out my patreon where you can read up to 50 advanced chapters https://www.patreon.com/CrazyNinja