Chapter 129: Obito's Improvement

Looking at Obito, who seemed to be comforting him but was actually wearing a smirk of amusement, Shisui's mood was somewhat complicated.

He wanted to say, "Thanks for the comfort, but you don't have to next time," but decided against it.

Shisui decided to practice a bit more, while Obito went back with Rin.

Although Obito and Rin weren't completely on the same path, they still had a considerable distance to go together.

"Rin-chan, how's the progress with Medical Ninjutsu training?" Obito asked with a smile on the way back.

"It's going smoothly. I feel like I've learned a lot of useful new knowledge, and now I can perform some basic healing," Rin replied.

"If you ever get injured in the future, Obito, be sure to come to me for treatment," Rin said, showing a gentle smile.

Watching Rin's smile, Obito was a bit absent-minded. He seemed to see blooming flowers and then scratched his head, smiling.

"Hehe, then I'll have to rely on you, Rin-chan," Obito said.

"Treating you is definitely not a bother, but Obito, you also need to be careful and avoid getting injured. Just because someone can treat you, doesn't mean you shouldn't protect yourself," Rin said, looking at Obito seriously.

"Injuries can be really painful."

"I'm Uchiha Obito, the strongest student in the fourth grade. It's not that easy for me to get hurt," Obito said, patting his chest to assure her.

"But Obito, you've never actually ranked first in combat for the year, so can you really be called the strongest in the fourth grade?" Rin reminded him.

"But during the summer special training, I defeated Guy, so it counts," Obito said without changing his expression.

"Well, I guess that makes sense," Rin thought for a moment and found it wasn't just boasting.

"I hope you can keep it up, Obito. If you continue like this, you'll definitely become an excellent ninja," Rin encouraged, clenching her fists.

Obito's cheeks turned slightly red, his fighting spirit breaking through its limits. He planned to continue training for a while after returning.

After reaching the point of parting ways, the two waved goodbye to each other.

"It would be great if I could be in the same group as Rin-chan after graduation," Obito said with a smile as he walked along the street, his mind filled with incredibly beautiful illusions.

He imagined training together with Rin, undertaking dangerous missions together. If Rin was in danger, he would heroically rescue her, and if he accidentally got injured, Rin would use Medical Ninjutsu to heal him.

They would help each other complete various difficult tasks, eventually becoming a tale of excellence in the ninja world.

Although the standard team formation was three people, Obito didn't mind who the remaining person would be, as long as it wasn't Kakashi.

He didn't think it would be Kakashi anyway, because Kakashi had graduated years ago and already had his own team and sensei.

"Ma'am, do you need help?" Obito suddenly noticed an old lady who seemed to have fallen, and he quickly rushed forward to ask.

"Would you mind helping me to the side to rest a bit? My legs are feeling a bit uncomfortable," the old woman asked, furrowing her brow.

"Ma'am, how about I carry you on my back to the hospital? It wouldn't be good if you hurt your bones later," Obito suggested.