Chapter 120: Stand Above The Sky

In the evening, Mutsuki did not go to the main area of Konoha, but instead studied Sealing Jutsu inside a house in the southern forest.

Sensing someone swiftly moving nearby, Mutsuki temporarily stopped practicing and went outside.

"Night, Danzo-sama is looking for you," a Root Ninja said lightly.

"Do I need to change into uniform?" Mutsuki asked.

Although he wasn't formally in Root, he still had Root's uniform and mask.

"No need, just follow me," the Root Ninja shook his head.

Mutsuki silently followed behind the Root Ninja, vaguely guessing what was happening.

The day before, he was warned to be careful not to expose his identity, yet today, he was openly escorted to the Root base.

Obviously, his identity no longer needed to be concealed.

Without surprises, perhaps today or yesterday, someone experienced a 'you will regret it momement with Danzo'

Although the next stop was the Root headquarters, Mutsuki wasn't overly nervous.

Just a few days ago, he had just reported to Danzo's side, telling him all about the rewards Third gave him, showing his utmost loyalty.

Now, he was important for Hiruzen, and in Root, he also portrayed an image of loyalty, emphasizing stability.

"Danzo-sama." After arriving at the Root base, Mutsuki respectfully greeted Danzo.

"Night, you're excellent," Danzo suddenly said.

"It's all thanks to Danzo-sama's nurturing. Without your guidance, I would just be an ordinary orphan," Mutsuki respectfully replied.

"Do you know, the Third Hokage values you greatly," Danzo continued.

"Perhaps so. On the day the special training ended, he praised me many times and gave me two ninjutsu and three hundred thousand ryo," Mutsuki answered according to the report he had previously written.

"By the way, today I also got promoted to a position at the Academy, becoming the first-year grade director, probably also promoted by the Third," Mutsuki added.

Danzo nodded, showing a thoughtful expression.

Danzo was probing to see if Mutsuki knew about Sarutobi Hiruzen's plan for him.

After some probing, along with the mission reports from the past few days, and confidence in his own brainwashing techniques, Danzo tentatively concluded that Mutsuki was loyal to him.

"I discussed it with the Third and we both think that your talent should be used to cultivate ninjas at the Academy, rather than staying in Root," Danzo said after some thought.

"Tomorrow, I will go to the Hokage's office to help you remove the Root Cursed Seal from your body. From then on, you will no longer be a Root ninja."

"Danzo-sama, did I do something wrong? Why are you expelling me from Root?" Mutsuki said with a worried expression.

"Danzo-sama, I want to protect Konoha with you!"

At this moment, Mutsuki was extremely calm internally. He certainly didn't believe Danzo's nonsense. Discussing with Sarutobi Hiruzen about better utilizing his talent likely meant he was being forced to leave.

Since Danzo was acting, he would play along with him.

Danzo, in letting go of his capable subordinates to harness their abilities, was a good leader, while Mutsuki was a loyal subordinate to Root.