Chapter 117: New Semester Begins

Early the next morning, Mutsuki sensed some movement and immediately activated Sensory Ninjutsu, detecting someone with considerable chakra entering his courtyard.

Mutsuki calmly got up and walked outside, where he saw a Root ninja wearing a mask and uniform.

"The organization's latest orders," the Root ninja said coldly, handing two scrolls to Mutsuki.

After completing the mission, the Root ninja didn't hesitate for a second and disappeared immediately.

[Name: Yamanaka Ryuya]

[Chakra: 6400]

[Skills: Mind Body Switch Jutsu (Proficient: 1200/3000)...]

[Assessment: A Jonin with excellent support abilities]

The Root Jonin who once unsettled Mutsuki was now overshadowed by Mutsuki on the panel.

Mutsuki's Chakra is more than twice that of Yamanaka Ryuya, and his skills are overwhelming. Mutsuki possesses multiple Mastery-level Nature Transformations and Secret Jutsu, while Yamanaka Ryuya doesn't even have a single Mastery-level skill.

"Comparing with ordinary Root Jonin like this is meaningless. What level would Danzo be on the panel?" Mutsuki silently thought to himself.

If this were a cultivation world, where Genin, Chunin, and Jonin are not Titles but levels of cultivation, he believed Danzo would belong to the Kage level. However, among the Kage, he wouldn't be as strong as Sarutobi Hiruzen, the Third Raikage, and Onoki, the strong ones among the Kage.

Mutsuki unrolled the scroll, and the first scroll contained Danzo's latest orders.

Danzo was pleased that Mutsuki was able to advance to Special Jonin based on his abilities. However, Danzo cautioned Mutsuki not to expose his membership in the Root organization and to continue executing missions diligently.

Mutsuki summarized the useful content, which was not much, as most of it was brainwashing rhetoric, which Mutsuki simply ignored.

He could sense that Danzo was somewhat surprised and pleased that he had achieved this level. Sending him to the Academy was probably just a casual move for Danzo, after all, the original host wasn't outstanding in any aspect.

The other scroll was Danzo's commendation for him, but it wasn't Ninjutsu or money; it was a potion for cultivation.

Mutsuki burned the mission scroll, but he kept the potion.

He didn't dare to consume the potion Danzo gave him, but since the cultivation potion was valuable, Mutsuki didn't burn it directly.

Today is Sunday, and since the summer special training just ended yesterday, Mutsuki gave the students half a day off. They didn't need to train in the afternoon; just a morning session would do. This afternoon, he was going to teach Asuma.

"If we're resting in the afternoon, where should we go to play?" Obito was already contemplating where to take Nohara Rin for fun before they even started training.

"Sorry, Obito, but today I have to stay home and study," Nohara Rin said apologetically.

Lately, she had been studying Medical Ninjutsu and didn't have time to play with Obito.

"Obito, you can go play with Kakashi," Nohara Rin suggested.

"After careful thought, I realize I've been sensing the energy inside my body more clearly lately. Maybe Flame Breathing is about to break through. I should train seriously this afternoon," Obito decided after pondering for a while.