Chapter 122: The Ingenious Use of Shadow Clone Jutsu

"Yumi-sensei, I think I've got it!" Obito exclaimed with surprise during the evening training session.

"Try Taijutsu, come at me," Mutsuki said, glancing over.

Although Flame Breathing's primary effect is to enhance the power of Fire Release, it also enhances physical abilities to a certain extent. This is a common feature of Breathing Techniques and the earliest characteristic to appear. Obito hadn't reached the point where he could strengthen his Fire Release yet.

"Huh." Obito adjusted his breathing rhythm, recalling the feeling he had just experienced. He inhaled a large amount of oxygen into his body, strengthening himself, and then dashed towards Mutsuki with a swift step.

Mutsuki firmly caught Obito's straight punch, feeling that Obito's speed had increased slightly. He quickly threw Obito off balance, while Obito swiftly launched a Whirlwind Kick.

After throwing Obito out, Mutsuki had already made a judgment.

"Indeed, there has been a breakthrough. Once you've mastered the breathing exercises by the start of school, you should be ready for the next stage of training," Mutsuki said.

In the next stage of training, the characteristics of Flame Breathing will gradually begin to manifest, rather than just enhancing physical abilities.

"It'll take another five days," Obito recalled the date and said. He had thought he could start training like Guy right away today.

Smack!

Mutsuki tapped Obito's head with two fingers and said, "Don't aim too high. When Guy began to comprehend the attributes, his Breathing Technique proficiency was much higher than yours."

At present, Obito's proficiency was only twelve points, while Guy had reached nineteen points when he started comprehending the Breathing Technique attributes. However, Guy's case was somewhat special. Mutsuki estimated that in five days, Obito's proficiency in Flame Breathing would be at least fifteen points or higher, and then he could proceed to the next stage of training.

Mutsuki glanced at Shisui, who was still practicing various breathing postures. Shisui's current progress in Flame Breathing was slightly behind Obito's, but not by much—only two points of proficiency.

"I thought as long as I could strengthen with Breathing Technique, it would be enough," Obito said, scratching his head.

Leaving a Shadow Clone to watch over the two, Mutsuki went to check on Guy's training progress.

As for Guy's training, it was quite abstract. Here, one could see the bizarre sight of a rock with limbs standing on another rock, holding yet another rock in its hands.

"Guy, did you feel anything special today?" Mutsuki asked.

"Yes," Guy replied.

Mutsuki used appraisal on Guy and found his proficiency still at nineteen points. Feeling puzzled, Mutsuki doubted that Guy would falsely report his progress.

"The stones heated by the sun do feel especially hot," Guy shared his insight.

In the evening, it's fine, but when the sun is blazing in the afternoon, it's scorching hot, both on the hands and feet.

Mutsuki was momentarily at a loss for words. He felt that Obito had led Guy astray.

"When the sun is high, find a shady spot and sit on a rock," Mutsuki thought for a moment and said. He hadn't been around here in the afternoon or morning; it must have been Guy practicing on his own.

Mutsuki speculated that at this rate, Guy might elevate to Beginner Stone Breathing by the time he finishes, if he's fast, maybe by graduation, if slow, it might take around ten months.