Chapter 51: Mutsuki's Shortcomings Lie in Being Too Kind

Mutsuki followed the rules of practical exams, having everyone draw lots to determine opponents, and providing feedback after each battle.

"The timing of Transformation Jutsu is off, and it hasn't had the intended effect. Taijutsu is lacking, and the punching speed is too slow."

"How can blatantly creating a clone confuse the enemy?"

"Your fist technique lacks precision, kicks are feeble, footwork is loose, and reactions are slow. With Taijutsu like this, how can you defeat the enemy?"

Mutsuki showed no mercy in his critique, to the point of being strict.

However, Mutsuki didn't speak without reason; everything he pointed out was a genuine existing issue. Students identified by Mutsuki with problems all lowered their heads in shame.

"I know your grades in the monthly exams are excellent, whether in theory or practical scores, they are higher than other classes. But you must not slack off in your training because of this."

"When I give critiques, I may speak a bit harshly, and I want to apologize to all of you. But I'm actually doing it for your own good. Both Taijutsu and Ninjutsu are crucial. If you don't practice Taijutsu well now, you'll regret it when facing enemies in the future." After critiquing everyone, Mutsuki sighed.

"Yumi-sensei, I really haven't been slacking off. I've spent the same amount of time on Taijutsu as on Ninjutsu. It's just that Taijutsu sensei's teaching isn't good, not as good as yours, so that's why it's like this," Anko said somewhat aggrieved.

"Yeah, I'm also studying seriously, but Taijutsu sensei's teaching is so hard to understand," Kotetsu complained as well.

Initially, when Mutsuki criticized Kotetsu, he felt a bit annoyed, thinking Mutsuki was too strict; after all, they were only first-years. However, after hearing Mutsuki's apology, Kotetsu felt he was truly in the wrong. Yumi-sensei was considering them like this—how could he think Yumi-sensei was wrong?

Sensei and students apologized to each other, and Kotetsu had never heard of such a thing, especially since Mutsuki hadn't done anything to them. It was, after all, the responsibility of the sensei.

Kotetsu and Anko's words resonated with the students of Class 1-1, and they began to join in with their complaints.

"Yumi-sensei, can't you replace Taijutsu sensei? He really can't teach. The classes are both boring and difficult to understand."

"Yeah, with a Taijutsu sensei like this, I feel like I could be the Taijutsu sensei. Isn't it just telling people to go to the field and run? Who can't do that?"

"How can you speak of Tanimura sensei like that? He has at least been your sensei. As a sensei, wouldn't he want you to be stronger?" Mutsuki began to defend the Taijutsu sensei.

Their class's Taijutsu sensei was named Tanimura Toshihiro. Unlike Mutsuki, who was a newcomer, Tanimura Toshihiro had been teaching at the ninja school for three years.

Although he had been teaching for three years, Tanimura Toshihiro's teaching abilities were hard to describe.

As the sensei of a class, Mutsuki had, of course, interacted with Tanimura Toshihiro. It could be said that among Chunin sensei, Tanimura Toshihiro was on the lower end.

Moreover, as students of the class, their most frequent interaction was with Mutsuki. Comparing Mutsuki to Tanimura Toshihiro, the latter was completely overshadowed in every aspect.

"Yumi-sensei, it's not that we think he has a problem with his teaching attitude. We purely feel that his abilities are lacking," explained Izumo.

"Yeah, students from the other class are saying we excel in Ninjutsu, but no one has ever said we're good at Taijutsu," someone added as an example.