Chapter 88: The Gears Of Destiny Start To Turn

"Once I reach that place, I can, I can do fewer tasks!" Obito sprinted at an extreme speed, his eyes fixed on the finish line, becoming somewhat red.

He had never desired to reach a place so quickly.

If someone were to ask Obito right now where he most wanted to go, Obito would undoubtedly answer without hesitation that it was the finish line of the race.

Guy's journey was longer than Obito's, so Obito couldn't see Guy's figure for the time being.

But Obito soon sensed from the noise generated by the high-speed run that Guy's speed was closing in on him.

Obito knew that his speed was not as fast as Guy's, and if he were caught up with, there was only one outcome – losing.

Gritting his teeth, Obito constantly recalled the Chakra techniques that Mutsuki taught him to enhance speed, concentrating more Chakra in his legs, attempting to accelerate further.

"Surpass him, surpass everyone, become the strongest!" Guy felt his entire body burning, continuously advancing at an extreme speed, striving to close the distance with Obito.

At this moment, his eyes were fixed only on the finish line and the not-so-distant Obito.

Both of them were giving their all in the race. The closer they got to the finish line, the shorter the distance between them. As they were about to reach the finish line, Obito almost felt like they were running side by side.

Whoosh!

Suddenly, Guy's figure vanished from beside him and appeared at the finish line.

When Obito reached the finish line, he collapsed weakly to the ground, filled with infinite regret.

Unable to control himself, Obito pounded the ground with his hands. He had just received a hundred questions yesterday, and today he would likely have to deal with dozens more. It seemed he was returning to the days of solving problems in installments.

He hated it!

"Obito, surpassing by half a second reduces five questions. Remaining questions: thirty-five."

"Guy reaching the finish line plus surpassing by one second means no more questions this time." Mutsuki announced the results of the competition.

Guy heard that he didn't have to do a single question and broke into a smile, celebrating with a fist pump.

Mutsuki used the Identification Jutsu to glance at Guy and found that the recent match directly increased Guy's Soru proficiency by three points.

"Under pressure, one might not be able to solve math problems, but one can indeed learn Ninjutsu faster when pushed to the limit," Mutsuki nodded inwardly.

The effect of the recent match was quite good; both of them surpassed their previous records of running at full speed.

"Take a break and have some water." Mutsuki pulled Obito up, brushed off the dirt from Obito's body, took out two bottles of water, handed one to Guy, and opened the other, offering it to Obito.

"If you continue like this, Obito, you'll be able to clear the river sprint this week," Mutsuki said.

Life has too many hardships, and Mutsuki likes to give more poetry and distant dreams to those who feel lost.

Obito took the bottled water given by Mutsuki, took a big gulp, and revived instantly.

"Guy, you won today, but don't be too happy too soon. Tomorrow, I will definitely be the first to cross the finish line!" Obito wanted Guy to experience the pain of solving problems, just like himself.