Chapter 96: When Troubled Seek Mutsuki

The number of people in Group B is much greater than that in Group A, so while Obito was passing by, Group B was still undergoing live combat tests.

Obito scanned the students in the crowd and quickly found the figure of Rin.

With an excited smile on his face, Obito walked towards Rin and said, "Rin, you have no idea how awesome I was just now. Even Guy, who was originally in the lead, was defeated by me."

Upon hearing Obito's voice, Rin turned around and asked with some confusion, "Has the exam on the Group A's side already ended?"

"Yeah, it's over. I got second place, you know. I only lost to Shisui." Obito couldn't help but boast about his good result to Rin.

"Finally defeated Guy, huh? That means Obito, you've made great progress. In the practical exams during our school days, you never won against Guy." Rin praised him with a gentle smile, feeling happy for Obito's improvement.

In the last semester, Obito's strength soared, defeating even the previous top-ranked Uchiha Tekka. However, the rapidly advancing Guy became a formidable obstacle on Obito's journey. Despite Obito securing the second position in the grade, he never managed to claim the top spot in the class as long as Guy was around.

Therefore, when Rin learned that Obito had finally defeated Guy, she was genuinely happy for him. This indicated a significant improvement in Obito's abilities.

"Hehe, actually, I had opportunities to defeat him before, but it was always just by a small margin," Obito explained with a silly grin, pleased with Rin's praise.

If it were purely based on their apparent strength, Obito was at a disadvantage in this recent battle. However, his strategic maneuvers during the fight led him to victory.

"By the way, how did you do, Rin? Did you make it into the top ten?" Obito inquired.

"No, it feels like everyone's getting stronger rapidly," Rin replied, shaking her head.

Her practical combat abilities in Group B are at a mid-level, so it's unlikely for her to make it into the top ten.

"Oh, I see. How about I help you become stronger?" Obito sensed that Rin seemed a bit disappointed in her abilities and enthusiastically suggested.

"Sure." Rin, considering Obito's rapid improvement, nodded with a smile.

Obito took Rin aside, contemplating what to teach her. Techniques like Soru, Great Dragon Fire, and Konoha Whirlwind were definitely off-limits because Mutsuki taught them to him, and he couldn't teach them without Mutsuki's consent.

Obito thought of the Great Fireball, a technique Mutsuki had also taught him, but he already knew it.

"How about you learn the Great Fireball Jutsu from me, Rin? Although it's a C-rank Fire Release, it's quite powerful." Obito decided to teach Rin the Great Fireball.

"First, the hand seals." Obito swiftly performed the hand seals for the Great Fireball.

"Next, convert the Chakra within your body into flames, and finally, it's like blowing up a balloon, exhale to create a large fireball," Obito explained, gesturing with his hands.

Rin looked at Obito with a puzzled expression.

"Don't tell me you didn't understand, Rin?" Obito scratched his head, thinking he had explained it quite thoroughly. Maybe he had the potential to be a good sensei.

"It's like this, then that, and finally, blow it up like a balloon," Obito demonstrated once again.

Rin was momentarily unsure of how to evaluate Obito's teaching skills. She could tell Obito genuinely wanted to teach her the Great Fireball Jutsu, but his method of instruction was a bit abstract.

"Obito, thank you for your intention, but I don't even know my own Chakra nature right now," Rin said helplessly.

In the ninja world, everyone is naturally born with a specific Chakra nature, and practicing the Nature Transformation of the corresponding Chakra Nature makes it easier and faster.

"Oh, I see." Obito ran his hand through his hair, feeling a bit regretful that he couldn't assist Rin.

He decided that during tonight's training session, he would ask Mutsuki how to effectively teach someone to become stronger. The versatile Sage Mutsuki would surely be able to help him with his problem.

After the failed teaching attempt, Obito engaged in conversation with Rin until there was a commotion on the training ground.

"Yumi-sensei probably announced the results after all the exams ended," Rin remarked as they observed a crowd gathered around the bulletin board.

"Let's go, Little Rin. We should check it out too." Obito, with enthusiasm, led Rin towards the bulletin board.

Although he knew his own results, Obito wanted to see if anyone would praise him. However, as they approached, Obito was surprised to find that the most discussed person wasn't him or even the first-placer Shisui but Ebisu, who had just entered Group A last week.

"You guys have no idea what happened during the C-group exam just now. Two people used a Jutsu to create a diversion, confusing their opponents by summoning a female clones."

"Oh, I know about that. But it wasn't developed by them, right? I remember it was developed by that Ebisu who got promoted to Group A last time."

"Yeah, exactly. It was him."

"I know that guy. He usually looks pretty serious. I didn't expect..."

Listening to the discussion around him, Obito looked confused, not understanding what had happened that shifted the focus from the top two in Group A to Ebisu.

As Obito continued listening, things seemed to get more absurd, eventually developing into a story where Ebisu used Clone Jutsu to create a cool big sister and confused opponents in battle.

Obito pondered because he didn't recall seeing Ebisu summoning any cool big sister during the fight. He considered asking Ebisu for clarification but realized that Ebisu might have left after the exams, especially if he didn't perform well in the first round.

After the exam results were announced, Mutsuki went straight back home to the main city area, and there was still no system popup regarding the exam.

Returning home, Mutsuki began preparing Illusion Mapo Tofu.

The recipe provided by the system for Illusion Mapo Tofu differed from his usual Mapo Tofu recipe in one significant aspect – it involved the use of soybeans.

To be precise, it required making "meat" from soybeans.

Mutsuki soaked the soybeans in water, boiled them in broth, flattened them, and then seasoned them with sauce to give the soybeans a meaty texture. Finally, he quickly deep-fried the soybeans to lock in the flavor of the sauce.

Once fried, the soybeans were added to the Mapo Tofu, adding a unique flavor to create Illusion Mapo Tofu.

After Mutsuki finished, he covered the meal with a lid, adding a touch of ceremony.

Soon, Kushina and Minato knocked on Mutsuki's house door.

As Minato and Kushina entered, they noticed the covered dishes on the table, something unusual.

"Why is there a lid today?" Kushina casually asked.

"Maybe to keep the food warm? Mutsuki cooked earlier than usual today," Minato speculated.

"Stop guessing. You'll know once you open the lid," Mutsuki said with a smile, brining the remaining two dishes to the table.

"I'll do it." Kushina stepped forward briskly and lifted the lid.

---

Don't forget to check out my patreon where you can read up to 50 advanced chapters https://www.patreon.com/CrazyNinja