Chapter 132: Addressing Weaknesses

On Monday morning, the Academy began its first exam of the second semester.

Unlike the previous exam, Mutsuki was promoted this time. He no longer needed to draw lots to decide which class to invigilate. Instead, Mutsuki could choose to patrol various classes in the first year or quietly sit in the office and enjoy a cup of tea.

However, idleness wasn't his style. Mutsuki sent his Shadow Clone to wander around for a bit before returning to the office, while he himself went to practice.

Mutsuki didn't use the Ninjutsu Proficient scroll to directly reach the Proficient level in Contract Seal. He felt there wasn't an urgent need for Sealing Jutsu at the moment. With his talent in Sealing Jutsu, Mutsuki believed he could conduct his own research and save the Proficient scroll for later.

In terms of physical conditioning, Mutsuki had achieved Mastery level in Stone Breathing for over two and a half months. With constant training for twenty-four hours a day, he tested his physical fitness once a week, seeing improvement each time.

Two months later, the rate of improvement began to gradually decline, but it was still better than regular training.

Mutsuki didn't spend too much effort on the five basic Ninjutsu because, based on his observations of other Ninja, his current level of Ninjutsu was quite sufficient. Instead, he focused on studying various combinations of his own Ninjutsu, exploring how to release Combination Jutsu during battles.

Mutsuki felt that what he truly lacked was Chakra and combat experience.

He had a high level of Nature Transformation and mastery in many Ninjutsu, with their power so great that Mutsuki dared not unleash them at full strength for fear of attracting ANBU attention.

Releasing Ninjutsu at full power, Mutsuki felt that the power of his Ninjutsu was definitely at Kage level. However, if he were to continuously unleash them recklessly, he would quickly deplete his Chakra.

To use an illustrative analogy, Mutsuki's faucet was quite large, but the reservoir's capacity was limited. Though not as extreme as a mage who can only cast one spell before running out of mana, in terms of output capability, Mutsuki's Chakra was indeed not abundant.

As for combat experience, there was no way around it. Mutsuki didn't have the opportunity to engage in full-scale combat to test his abilities unless he wanted to be suspected of espionage and invited by ANBU or the Root for questioning over tea.

So Mutsuki now has no other combat experience except for some experience gained from his original host and Root training.

Mutsuki is working hard to supplement these two deficiencies.

Regarding Chakra, Mutsuki has been diligently obtaining Chakra rewards. In the first month of the new semester, he basically spent all his time accumulating Chakra, earning almost 1,180 points of Chakra through classes.

In terms of combat experience, Mutsuki's current idea is to create Shadow Clones and let them engage in combat with each other, then transfer the memories back to the main body to gain experience. Whether the effect is good or not remains to be seen, but it's better than doing nothing.

In addition to the Shadow Clone training method, Mutsuki also has another idea that not only increases his combat experience but also trains disciples.

However, it's not the best time to propose this idea yet. He needs to wait until he achieves better results and some time has passed in the war before bringing it up.

The next day, Mutsuki went to the battlefield to observe the overall combat performance of the students in Class 1-1.

He planned to wait until the third day for the Grade-level practical exams before going to see Guy and Obito's performance.

Given the boost from the summer special training, Mutsuki now also pays close attention to the progress of Class 1-1 students.

"Director Yumi." Two invigilating senseis greeted Mutsuki with smiles.

The invigilating senseis and Mutsuki weren't particularly close this time, more like colleagues who knew each other's names.

"Sensei Kikuda, Sensei Murashima." Mutsuki smiled in response.

Initially, Murashima Kanki felt a bit pressured when he saw Mutsuki approaching, thinking that he had to be careful when grading later. But after a brief chat with Mutsuki, Murashima Kanki relaxed.

Mutsuki himself was as gentle and friendly as his reputation at the Academy. Although his position and Ninja level were higher than those of ordinary senseis, he didn't display any superiority.

To be honest, Murashima Kanki was a bit surprised when Mutsuki called out his name, as he remembered only talking to Mutsuki once before. He hadn't expected Mutsuki to remember him.

"Sigh, facing a bunch of first-year students as opponents, I feel a bit unenthused." Kotetsu said regretfully, crossing his arms.

"Indeed, it feels like we'll be bullying kids in the upcoming match." Izumo nodded in agreement.

"You guys are first-year students too. If we didn't know, we'd think you were super tough from your special training. Can't even make it through three rounds of practical tests." Anko couldn't help but mock.

Even as a top-level candidate in Group C, she hadn't complained, but these two were pretending.

"Not making it through three rounds was just bad luck for us. Anko, you don't understand. With the Hokage remembering our success, our ninja path is smooth sailing." Kotetsu retorted.

"Your jutsu is no match at all. If you run into me, I'll definitely knock your teeth out." Anko waved her fists, giving a warning.

For a moment, Kotetsu and Izumo dared not retort. They admitted that Anko was quite formidable now.

"Number one, Uchiha Shisui, number two, Mitarashi Anko, get ready for the exam." The invigilating sensei's voice reached their ears.

"Hahaha, looks like you won't have the chance to encounter us, Anko." Izumo chuckled. Although Anko couldn't defeat only one person in the first year, she coincidentally encountered that person in the first round.

"Some can't even make it to the second round. I won't say who it is." Kotetsu suddenly brimmed with confidence.

"Darn it, you two, don't leave after the exam!" Anko looked frustrated, not expecting Shisui to be number one.

For Murashima Kanki and the others, this was their first time invigilating the first year. After watching Anko and Shisui's fight, they were utterly astonished.

"Based on first-year standards, I can't deduct points from them." Murashima Kanki stated frankly.

Their battle was far beyond what first-year students could achieve, more akin to a showdown between fourth-year classes or a grade-wide combat scenario.

Although Anko lost, Murashima Kanki still gave her a perfect score. It wasn't that Anko wasn't strong enough, but her opponent was stronger.

After the first round of fights in Class 1-1 ended, Murashima Kanki looked at the score sheet in his hand, questioning his life choices. He felt that if he submitted this, he would be called in for questioning; the average score was just too high.

Glancing at the score sheet in the other sensei's hand and seeing it was similar to his, Murashima Kanki breathed a sigh of relief. It wasn't that he had been too generous with his grading; Class 1-1's performance was genuinely outstanding.

"In about half a month to a month, there should be improvement rewards." Mutsuki thought to himself as he observed Class 1-1's performance.

After watching the first round and observing all the students' battles, Mutsuki left.

On the third day, Mutsuki headed to the location of the fourth-year grade-wide combat scenario.

---

Don't forget to check out my patreon where you can read up to 50 advanced chapters https://www.patreon.com/CrazyNinja