Chapter 91: Modified Flame Breathing

"Yumi-sensei, I feel that I can handle greater pressure, please give me additional training!" Asuma earnestly requested Mutsuki.

In two days, the first real combat test is about to begin, and Asuma feels he can make an extra effort.

This time, it's not just a secret battle with only Mutsuki present; Kurenai will also be watching. Even if he's going to lose, he wants to lose with some dignity.

"Why suddenly ask for extra training, is it for the real combat test?" Mutsuki asked with a smile.

Asuma's thoughts are really easy to guess, being such a little brat.

"Yeah, sensei, you figured me out." Asuma showed a somewhat embarrassed smile.

"Just temporary additional training won't help improve your strength," Mutsuki denied Asuma's idea.

In terms of theory, cramming at the last minute might be somewhat useful. In case the exam includes reviewed content, that would be an extra few points.

In real combat, practicing more in the last two days won't be effective because there won't be any noticeable improvement in the body during these two days of additional practice.

Unless one has an exceptionally strong learning ability, learning one Ninjutsu in a day, and two Ninjutsu in two days, can be useful. However, Asuma clearly doesn't have that kind of learning ability.

"So, what should I do?" Asuma asked, placing his hope in the versatile Yumi-sensei.

"Do you really want to enhance your strength?" Mutsuki asked.

He does have a method, but the process is rather harsh.

"You really can't be any more serious." Asuma replied.

"If you want to enhance your strength in just two days, then it has to be through battles," Mutsuki thought and said.

With only two days, the only method Mutsuki could think of is a substantial amount of fighting, in other words, taking a considerable beating.

"Fight with my Shadow Clone. In the time ahead, as long as you still have the strength to stand up, keep engaging in battles with my Shadow Clone. This way, even in two days, you can gain some significant strength."

In the real combat test, the battle is the examination content. Asuma engaging in a large number of battles is akin to cramming for a theoretical exam, much more reliable than adding two days of training.

Just by listening to Mutsuki, Asuma felt that the upcoming ordeal would be quite intense. However, for the sake of Kurenai, he had no choice but to grit his teeth and reluctantly agree.

It can only be said that if you want to appear distinguished in public, you have to endure suffering in private.

For the next period, Asuma was basically subjected to a variety of beatings by Mutsuki's Shadow Clone.

Even with Mutsuki deliberately suppressing the strength of the Shadow Clone, it was not something Asuma could overcome at the moment.

When Asuma, exhausted, rested against a large tree, he complained:

"I have to say, the old man's eyesight must be failing. Yumi-sensei, a ninja like you is still a Chunin. In my opinion, you should be promoted to Jonin."

During the recent battles with Mutsuki, counting the Shadow Clone, Mutsuki had used a total of eight Ninjutsu, including Fire Release and Water Release. The Ninjutsu arrangement was also good, incorporating both offensive and defensive techniques.

"Currently, I indeed do not qualify for promotion to Jonin," Mutsuki denied.

Based on his recent performance, at most, he is a Chunin who might be slightly more proficient in Ninjutsu. However, Asuma thinks this way only because of his own weak abilities.