Chapter no.30 This is not a Game

Read advance chapters (+ 200 ) of all my works or want to support me.

https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord

https://discord.gg/Gdsq9uTw

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Brock was watching the mock battle between Austin and Yellow as he had Onix out, cleaning the crevices between the rocks on his body to practice for the Breeding Competition.

Austin and Yellow were both pretty supportive of his choice in entering, although he swore that Austin was keeping his jaw from dropping as if the idea surprised him.

Now that he thought about it, Austin seems to be a multitude of mysteries.

There were times he would just act differently depending on a situation or mutter something that confuses him but makes sense later.

And then there were times he looked completely lost in thought.

But he was a good battler, pretty good for only being a rookie.

"String Shot!" Yellow ordered as Kitty was trying to hit Butterfree who kept dodging.

"Gust." Austin countered as Butterfree blew the Weedle back a bit. 'Come on Yellow, you can do better than this.'

It's only been two days since his Nugget Bridge Challenge and Austin was at the end of his patience.

Not because of Yellow, she was getting the hang of battling.

But it was because of Fearow.

He congratulated Fearow after healing the team, only for Fearow to ignore him.

Thinking it was just his pride, Austin didn't do anything but smile.

Then Fearow attacked Pidgeotto causing him to return the big bird.

Since then every time he let Fearow out, he attacked him.

' Yellow is pretty limited in this fight.' Austin said as the only moves Kitty knew were Poison Sting and String Shot before the Stinger Pokemon was unconscious much to Yellow's dismay.

"Alright, that's enough for now," Austin said as Yellow healed Kitty again. "Kitty lasted a bit longer against Butterfree this time, but I think she just needs to rest now."

Yellow gave a nod as Brock called over.

"If you want I can show you how to brush her." He offered as Yellow smiled and walked over, leaving Austin to his thoughts as he had Fearow's Pokeball again.

"Pi?" Pikachu was on his shoulder recognizing the Pokeball easily due to Fearow's scent being on it.

"I just don't understand," Austin muttered holding the Pokeball. "I helped Fearow in getting stronger, isn't that what he wanted?"

Pikachu came near Austin with a brush in between his paws. Suddenly it clicked for Austin.

' I have only used Fearow for battles. I never bonded with him, I always congratulated him when he won or lost but I never did pet him as I  did with Pidgeotto, Pikachu, and Butterfree '

He never did that for Rattata as well and the girl was annoyed with some of her battles.

How long before she stops listening as well?

'Damn it, this isn't the game.' Austin told himself remembering that he only battled in the game, and never got along with the Pokemon.

Here it's different and he forgot about it.

But it might already be too late with how Fearow won't even listen to him now.

It's only because Pikachu is always out as well as Butterfree and Pidgeotto's friendly personalities that he never had a problem with them.

Looking over, Austin saw Onix looking happy as Brock cleaned him and Yellow was brushing Kitty who despite not having any fur, looked happy.

'No more.' Austin thought knowing that it may be a long time before Fearow does listen to him, but he wasn't going to give up on him.

With that in mind, Austin walked up to Brock. "Hey, do you have any advice on brushing flying types?"

"You going to brush Pidgeotto?" Brock asked with a raised brow.

"No," Austin said shaking his head. "Fearow."

Brock and Yellow paused as they looked at him. "Uh, are you sure Ash?" He asked not so sure about that given how Fearow was these last two days.

Even Pikachu looked a bit hesitant at the idea.

"Yeah… It's something I should've done with him when he was a Spearow." Austin said to him.

"... Well I would start by keeping the feathers straight." Brock began after seeing that Austin wasn't going to change his mind about this. "Flying types also love it when their talons and beaks are cleaned as well, but you'll have to be careful with how temperamental Fearow is."

"I will," Austin said as he smiled. "Pikachu will help me if something happens."

"Chu." Pikachu gave a nod as sparks came off of his cheeks.

"If you want, I can help you bond with him." Yellow offered and Austin knew she meant with her abilities.

"Thank you but it wouldn't mean anything if I don't bond with Fearow as other trainers do," Austin said with a smile.

Plus he'd rather not rely on Yellow's abilities on this journey. Well, that and there was the chance that Fearow would attack Yellow as well.

"Call if you need a hand," Brock said handing the necessary tools to Austin.

"Got it," Austin said, walking away from the group mostly because he didn't know if Fearow would attempt to eat Kitty or not as he sent the bird out.

"Fear!" Fearow called out as he spread his wings before pausing at seeing no opponent causing him to turn and glare at Austin.

"Hey, Fearow," Austin said trying to imagine how as a Spearow he did perch on his shoulder a bit. "You ready to get brushed?"

Fearow gave him a deadpan look as Austin shook his head at how weak that sounded.

"Row, Fear!" Fearow just turned his head away.

Taking that as a sign that Fearow didn't care one way or the other, Austin approached him and did one stroke from the brush on the wing.

The wing however smacked him and sent him tumbling to the ground as Fearow glared.

Pikachu who was knocked off of Austin's shoulder returned the glare and prepared a Thundershock only for Austin to shake his head.

"Fearow, I'm not going to give up here," Austin said only for Fearow to slowly walk away with his talons, putting some distance between him and Austin.

Not taking no for an answer, Austin got closer and Fearow had enough as his wings began to glow and swung a Steel Wing at Austin.

Thankfully Pikachu saw that and shot in, blocking with an Iron Tail, but Fearow was strong enough to knock the mouse into Austin, sending him to the ground again.

Brock and Yellow saw that and both stood up, Yellow held onto Kitty while Brock's Onix got ready to intervene as Austin pushed himself up. "Ash I think you should stop," Brock said in worry.

"Sorry but stopping isn't something I'm good at," Austin said as he remembered how back home he never stopped on anything, even if it made him miserable.

His penchant for not stopping pushed a few people away from him though as whenever he does that he only focuses on the one task in front of him.