Chapter no.99 Power Plant

Read advance chapters (+ 170 ) of all my works or want to support me .

https://www.patreon.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord

https://discord.gg/Gdsq9uTw

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

[ Commerce City. Midnight.]

The lights gleamed brightly in the central tower, as the entire plant functioned, its giant turbines running, roaring like some apocryphal creature, generating vast amounts of power, one that had always been the lifeline of Commerce City, and by extension, the main fuel for all sixteen cities in the vicinity, all the way to Cinnabar Island. Usually, the offices would be deserted by seven in the evening, with the last of the workers emptying the place by ten. Tonight, however, the lights in the office of the Manager glowed brightly, despite it being almost ten at the night, the sign outside his chamber displaying 'BUSY', as he served as an audience for one of the most intimidating people in Kanto.

"As you can understand, Mr. Levonsky, My partner, and I are in dire need of this solution, and we sincerely hope to go ahead with this… acquisition without unnecessary trouble."

The man, known to all as the business tycoon of Kanto sat back, his head casually inclined towards the other man in the room, seated beside him. Strangely he had a large hood covering most of his face, except for a heavily-chiseled greyish chin, devoid of any facial hair. The stranger had been sitting silently on the chair for the entire duration, giving Levonsky the impression of either being too frail or someone who didn't make a single movement without need. Levonsky didn't know which was more incongruous.

"Mr. Giovanni," The manager, a blonde-haired man of forty-six, answered, keeping a sideward glance at the other man's oddly silent associate," I understand that someone of your stature wouldn't just do things on a mere whim, but the Power Plant is the only source for the nearby regions. With all the power directed towards…" his eyes flickered towards the equipment placed a dozen feet away, "—the equipment would cause a lot of trouble, even if it is merely for a day?"

"I seem to remember that power might be cut off from time to time, to conduct… turbine maintenance, Mr. Levonsky. Believe me, I was once a Gym leader and thus, I can go through all the stipulations myself."

"Then surely as a former Gym leader, you understand that cutting off the power would cause a lot of distress amongst the Pokémon centers and hospitals. Should the League consider it, they might as well send someone for verification. I'd lose my job in an instant should that happen." The manager returned, feeling rather uncomfortable about agreeing to the meeting in the first place.

Giovanni let out a sigh. "I urge you to think of it as an acceptable risk in a…. business venture of sorts. My… equipment will go a long way in making my venture successful. I assure you, the benefits you'd gain from this would greatly outweigh the acceptable risk."

"What sort of venture requires you to… forgive me for being blunt, eat away enough power to fuel seventeen cities for a day?" He paused, looking at the equipment with distaste, "—and for the life of me, I cannot figure out how that tiny thing can keep its parts together after consuming that much power."

Giovanni chortled. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. There seems to be a misunderstanding. That thing wouldn't consume the power. It is built more along the lines of… acting like a conduit to transfer all that power."