Dallas~ Carnival

"Alright doll are you sure you wanna play the Dallas Winston?" he asked with his infamous grin. I blushed a little and then replied.

"Don't get all cocky, Winston." I winked and looked for the carnival game we were going to play. After scoping out the scene I spotted our new competition game. I dragged Dal to one of those water gun races.

"Y/n Curtis you are going down!" Dal said with excitement.

"Ok let's make a bet"

"Alright" Dally said with confidence

"If you win, you get to make me ride any ride here. BUT, if I win, you have to buy me those big teddy bears and have to give me your jacket."

"Deal" he said getting up all in my face, with our lips being a few inches away. I blushed and looked away.

I've always liked the notorious Dallas Winston, but there is always something else preventing us. To start off, I'm a Curtis sister, technically Sodapop's twin. My brothers always lecture me about dating, give me advice, tell me who to stay away from, etc. Next, Two and Steve. Those knuckleheads are my best friends but cannot keep secrets to save their lives. I drunkenly told my best friends I liked Dal, and the next day all my brothers gave me advice about my situation with Dal. They didn't like the idea of their only sister dating one of their friends, who is a criminal and delinquent. Which finally leads to my final distraction, Dal is a player. I've known the guy ever since I can remember. I've always been close to him, but he is always looking or hooking up with other girls. I also know that he's never been in serious or healthy relationships. Like his previous relations with that skank, Sylvia. She cheated and it became a whole drama thing, but now Dal is single and tonight is when I'm going to try and make my move.

"Y/n where are you guys going?" Darry asked me cocking an eyebrow. 

"Yeuuah? Where y'all going ;)??" Two slurred out chuckling.

I blushed a little and explained that we were gonna play some games and ride some rides. They all gave a "We know what your trying to do" look, and we went our separate ways.

"Alright first one to get their light to start spinning is the winner." the man told us.

"Alright girly Curtis, get ready to eat my DUST!" Dally yelled

"PLEASE! Just you wait!"

3..

2..

1...

"GO"

Dal's water gun started a little before mine so I decided to push him a bit. His water gun got off target and he got a bit frustrated. So in revenge, he shoved me off my chair and his light went off. I laughed as I got back up, and he apologized for getting a bit aggressive. 

"Alright Dal I accept your apology. So.. Whatcha gonna make me ride tonight?"

Dal smirked a bit and lifted his arm to point at the drop tower. "Drop Scream" was the only ride I have ever chickened out of. The gang and I came to the carnival a lot with my parents when we were all young. That summer I was finally tall enough to ride the "Drop Scream" with all the boys, but I backed out when I was walking towards the ride. Ever since then I have never ridden that ride. It still look intimidating like it did years ago.

"HEY GUYS!" Steve yelled as the guys approached us.

"Hey Stevie" I replied

"Girly Curtis is gonna ride Drop Scream." Dal said with a grin

"Y/n/n, are you sure? You've always hated that ride? No pressure to ride it if you don't wanna." Soda said giving me a sympathetic smile.

"I'll be alright guys! Plus I lost the bet with Dal so.." I said as I slowly walked towards the ride.

I stood in line alone watching other people riding with either smiles on their faces or fear eating them up. I was the second option. As I was about the sit down in my seat, Dally sat down next to me.

"Dal? Watcha doing?" I asked confused

"Well I saw you while you were waiting and you looked like you were gonna shit your pants."

"Oh wow how wonderful" I said giving a sarcastic tone.

"You know I never rode this ride before?"

"But didn't you guys always ride this when we were younger?"

"Nah I stayed at the concessions waiting for the guys to be done while you stood with your mom. Didn't want you to see that I chickened out of something or that I was scared." he said while strapping himself into the seat. I followed his actions and held the seat tightly.

The ride started going up higher and I could see my brothers and the rest watching us with big goofy smiles. I closed my eyes, but suddenly I felt a hand next to mine. Dally offered me his hand to hold and I gladly accepted.

"Y/n I know this is horrible timing but.. I like you. I mean I really like you. Ever since we first met."

"Really? Well. I umm. I lik-" 

Then the ride dropped

I screamed and held Dally's hand tighter and held mine tigh too. Once the rollercoaster slowed down we stared into each other's eyes and laughed. We got up and he put his arms behind my neck resting it on my shoulder.

"Y/n Curtis, will you be my girl?" I probably turned into a tomato with a huge, bright smile.

"OF COURSE DAL!" I yelled and jumped on him, hugging him while he hugged me back.

"FINALLY" the gang shouted and I laughed forgetting they were there.

Soda pulled me towards him and gave me a side hug.

"If he ever hurts you, I want you to tell me immediately and we'll beat him up for ya." he whispered leaning down.

"Of course you'll be the first to know, Pepsi! I love ya!" 

"Love you to twinie"

"Dal if you ever break her heart, WE will all hurt you and break you, understand?" Darry said speaking for the whole gang.

"Don't plan on doing that ever" he said looking down into my eyes and kissed my forehead. 

Towards the end of the night, Two and Steve got drunk (which ought to happen), Darry supervised everybody while having a bit of fun, and Pony and Soda started talking to some girls. Me and Dal separated away from the gang and went to play more games. He got me a giant, pink, stuffed teddy bear that he stole from the vendor which was surprisingly easy. He gave it to me along with his leather jacket which smelled exactly like him. We talked all night long until he had to drop me off at my house.

"God, you got me head over heels for you doll."

"Aw I'm crazy 'bout you too"

"Well goodnight" he said walking away.

"DAL- wait!"

I ran up to him and kissed him and he kissed back. Best, most amazing night ever. 🥰