Don't Want to Break Up Again

"I fall asleep crying, you turn up the TV, you don't wanna hear me!" I yelled at Dallas. This was the 4th time he got super wasted at Bucks and would lash out on me. He and I know he would never physically hurt me, but he didn't know he hurt me mentally.

"One more sleepless night! I have a big day in the morning! I can't have you coming home late anymore! Dally can't you see your hurting both of us!?"

"So, I take my time to self-soothe? Drinking helps it! I'm too much for you!" Dally replied shaking his head and opening another beer.

"Dal, I really gotta do the thing I don't wanna do." I said in a shaky voice. Dally's eyes focused on me. It look liked that sobered him up.

"No, I don't, don't, don't, don't.....Don't do it" Dally eyes glossed.

"I don't wanna fuck with your head, it's breaking my heart tokeep breaking yours again."

"Baby you're not! I'm just fucked up don't so it!"

"This relationship has to end, but I just can't refuse."

"I don't wanna break up again doll!"

"I tried to help! Spent so much on therapy, but you didn't even try, when you finally did, it was at the wrong time!" I sobbed walking away drom him sittinf on the table. I rested my elbows on the table and hung my head low.

"Won't abandon me again for you and I." I whispered.

"It's breaking my heart, this relationship has to end." I cired even harder. I heard Dally muttering the word no and shaking his arms."

"I don't wanna break up again"

We both know this time that this was real. It was real and so we say goodbye.

He grabs my face, just a kiss goodbye, with tears in our eyes

"Hope you wo- *sniffle* won't regret me. Hope you still think fondly." He said while getting his jacket and leaving. He looked back one more time and I saw a tear shed from his eye. Leaving with my heart and out the door. I ran to our bed, flopped, and started crying my eyes out. The pillows and sheets still smelt like his cologne and it hurt even thinking about him.

2 months later.

I was walking around the mall, finishing my shopping for new clothes. My old clothes were mainly Dally's and my own clothes still smelt like him. I was walking into another store, but something caught my eye. It was him walking around in a flower shop. He looked the same, still with the dark clothes but his hair was a bit longer. I think he noticed me and motioned me over.

"Hey," he said while tucking his arms in his jacket.

"Hi"

"What are you doing here?"

"Oh I'm just looking for new clothes." I said looking at my shopping bags.

"Oh cool. I'm just uh looking at flowers."
"Nice," we fake smiled at each other, " well I'm going to go back to my shopping." I said getting uncomfortable. I wondered why he was shopping for flowers. Maybe he found someone else and he was buying them for that person.

"Bye Dal"

"Bye doll."

As I was walking out of the store, I saw some really pretty roses. I stopped to smell them and they smelled amazing. I looked at them one more time and went to a new store.

3 hours later.

I was cooking dinner for myself, but then a knock appeared on my door. I walked over to it and opened it.

"I don't want to break up again. I love you. This shit is messing with my head. Doll, you-  I miss you and I'm going crazy." Dal told me while holding the roses I looked at before.

"Oh Dal-" I grabbed the flowers and invited him inside. Once I put them in the vase, Dally grabbed my waist. I turned around and I was pressed against him. I missed his touch. His presence. Him overall.

"Dally I missed you!" I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a kiss. He picked me up and held me tighter.

After he put me down, I looked into his eyes and whispered, "I don't wanna break up again. Ever."