Dallas~New Things

Today Dal and I walked to a new restaurant that opened up last weekend. We finished a movie and decided to head over there. It had a very simple but elegant look to it when you first enter. We got a booth near the window and browsed the menu. IT WAS 3 PAGES LONG! I looked at Dal and he showed the same shocked response. We had wide eyes and shifted to the prices thinking they were going to be expensive but, THE PRICES WERE SUPER CHEAP!

"Holy shit Dal this place is awesome!"

"I fucking know right! Omg a steak for 4 bucks!?" He said shocked. I giggled at his amusement. I always had a crush on Dal, but I think I'm more of a little sister to him. I heard him one day talking to Tim that he's working on getting this girl that he's head over heels for.

A woman in her 50s came over to us and politely asked us what we wanted to eat and drink. The waitress was way nicer than rhe other ones at the Dingo and other places.

"May I have a baked potato with a Shirley Temple?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am, and for your sir?"

"I'll take a steak and uhhh a Shirley Temple too."

"Alrighty you two, we'll have those out for you asap!''

"Thank you"

"Alright, this is my new favorite spot." I told Dal. He nodded his head in agreement. We talked for another 15 minutes and I giggled or laughed at every one of his jokes. Then our food came out and it looked amazing. Steam was flying above our food and the smell wafted through the air. Dals and I's jaw dropped once we took our first bite. The potato was so buttery and they added bacon on top with sour cream, it was chef's kiss. I watched Dally's reaction and it was like watching a kid open presents on Christmas. He bit it, his eyes lit up and he started shoving more pieces in his mouth.

"Slow down Dal!" I laughed, "Savour it you doofus!"

He tried talking with his mouth full, "I carnt this-shit istoo good to shrow sown!" I laughed at his jumbled words and he cleared his throat

"Ok, that shits amazing try it" he cut a piece of steak for me and gave me his fork. It was really good!

"How's yours?"

"Delicious, its better than yours tho! Mine is salty and taste like heaven. You wanna try?"

"Yea gimme sum" I gave him a piece, about to feed it to him, but his head swerved. He moved his face to mine and gave me a kiss. It was a little peck and he backed up to see my reaction. My eyes were still closed and I heard him chuckle

"That is really tasty!'' he chuckled and ate the potato off my fork. I was still shocked with my mouth lightly adjusted open.

"Hey so umm.. you're my best friend and I was wondering if we can ya know.. date and you be my girl?" he asked nonchalantly while eating

I nodded with my head and a smile appeared on my face. He smiled back at me and gave me another kiss.