Dallas~ Our Meet Cute

Year: 1990

Y/n Pov:

I was waiting patiently at the cashier for my shift to be over with. I worked at one of the stores in Tulsa and we don't get a lot of action here. The shop is more towards the East side, but we still get some Socs and Greasers. The weather outside was absolutely disgusting and horrible. It was raining so much, and the wind would harshly knock on the store windows. I looked at the clock realizing my shift was going to end soon and decided to clean up the store, then leave. As I was sweeping the back, I heard the bell on the door ring. I sighed, put the broom against the wall, and went to help the customer. I walked to the front and saw this tall, brunette, cute guy. He looked like a Greaser because of his dark blue jeans, and leather jacket, but had no grease in his brown hair. He looked around the shelves before making eye contact with me. He formed a small grin on his face before shopping around, and I carefully watched his every moves. 

Dally's Pov:

After splitting up with the gang, I ran inside to this store looking for a place to shelter myself from the harsh weather outside. I relaxed once the warm temperature hit me, and I decided to snoop around the place. As I was looking around, this cute girl came from the back and examined me. I gave her a little grin then went back to browsing. I was going to flirt with her then steal something real easy, but something in my mind told me to actually pay for it. As I approached the cashier, the lights started to flicker obnoxiously and we were both pretty annoyed at it.

"Hi is this all for today?" she asked in a peppy mood

"This and maybe a kiss?" I asked and winked

"Hmmm.... I don't know. I'd have to know a person before I kiss 'em. Wouldn't want to kiss a rando and then realize he's a killer." She said teasingly which turned me on.

"Feisty, funny, and cute... Alright, I'll see you around then doll." I replied setting the money on the counter as the lights shut off. I didn't care so I walked to the doors and to my surprise they were locked.

"Hey doll? Why'd you lock the doors?"

"I didn't! What do you mean?"

"I mean it's locked and we're trapped in here. Think the weather shut off the electric- oh! Even better snow is pouring." I replied with sass and sarcasm

"*groan* You've got to be kidding me."

"Well I guess we're stuck with each other." I said while hopping on the counter. She put her long hair into a messy bun and grabbed 2 Cokes from the fridge. She handed me one and joined me on the counter. We stayed in silence until she broke it.

"Now's your chance to get to know me better." she spoke. I felt a little better and started my questioning.

"Alright... what's your name."

"Y/n, Y/n L/n."

"I'm Dallas Winston, but you can call me Dally or Dal. Got a boyfriend?"

"Nope" she answered popping the p.

"Cool. How old are you? Soc or greaser? and favorite thing to do?"

"16 1/2, greaser, and I love singing, watching movies, and partying."

'Damn this girl is everything' I thought to myself

"Thank you very much!" she giggled

'Did I really say that out loud?' I mentally slapped myself and began talking to her more.

Turns out she loves going out, partying, but also loves the peace and appreciates the little things in life. She told me that I should see a sunrise because I told her I don't watch sunsets. She also added that when the sun rises, the light takes over the dark and restores life and happiness. That was some deep shit to take in. I realized she was right and instantly fell for her.. The more words she spoke, the more she conquered my heart.

Y/n Pov:

I found out that Dallas is a Greaser like me, 17, and also has the baddest reputation on both sides of town. What was surprising to me was that he was really heartfelt and a good listener. I've heard of him maybe once or twice but at the time it didn't really matter. All I knew before was that he was a criminal who slept around with girls. Learning more about him and talking with him showed me a side of him that I didn't think was there. A funny, kind, and adventurous guy. I slowly fell for him as the night continued. 

Time ticked slowly, while me and Dal were having the time of our lives in the cooped up store. We told each other hilarious and embarrassing stories about ourselves and ate snacks that were on the shelves for hours. While my eyes were slowly drooping, Dal laid down next to me putting his arm around my shoulders. He scooted me towards him, and my face was against his chest.

"You know, you're a really interesting girl Y/n."

"So are you Winston!" I smiled

"I know we just met, but I feel this feeling talking with you and this weird connection. I don't know but I'm trynna say I like you. And after the hours we spent talking, laughing, and all that fun shit, will you be my girl? I feel like I've known you my whole life now and-" she cut me off.

"Of course I will!" I said excitedly and with happiness in my tone.

"Alright! Rest those pretty eyes of yours and dream of me princess." he whispered

"Only if you dream of me too." 

"You got yourself a deal darlin'." he kissed my forehead as I slowly fell asleep on the counter, next to my new boyfriend, Dallas Winston.