Dallas~Moving

I exited the plane after an hour and a half plane ride from VA to OK. I slept majority of the ride and watched the scenery slowly change while we flew in the air. I waited for my luggages at the baggage claim and got some snacks at the vending machine. I luckily got all of my stuff and headed outside. I was told that my cousin, Darrel was my new guardian and he would be waiting for me in a truck. I barely remember the last time I saw them, we were both young and wild kids. I think I was 4 and he was 8 at the time and his brothers were my age and the other 2. I saw the description of his truck and walked towards it excitedly but slowly.

"Y/n! Over here!" a boy my age waved smiling gorgeously at me. It must've been my cousin Sodapop and his movie star smile. It could always make me smile.

"Hi guys!!!! Its so good to see you guys!" I replied with a huge beam on my face.

The guys engulfed me into a huge family hug and I knew I was loved right then. I may have not known them my whole life, or seen them in a long time, but I knew these guys were my new loving family.

"Damn Y/n, it's been a hot minute hasn't it?" Darry asked me. He was real buff and tall compared to me being a shorty.

"It certainly has! Im so glad to be here with you guys and spend more time with you!"

"Well Y/n, if you dont remember.. This is Ponyboy. He was 2 and over here is Soda. We have a gang at the house, and we'll introduce you to them!"

I hugged all the boys reintroducing myself and putting my luggages into the car.

"Thats perfect! Can't wait to meet them!"

We huddled into the car and drove to their house. I looked around my new surrodings fo adjust to the new place. I noticed there were people who had classy, preppg looking clothes and people with more tuff and cooler lookinf clothes. The second description fit the Curtis boys and I was a mix. I loved dressing myself up occasionally, but I did love being comfy and wearing denim. Darry turned up the radio and Elvis came onto the radio. Pony started humming to myself and I joined singing with him. As the song continued we all joined singing together and laughing at Soda's voice crack. Once the song ended I asked questions to the boys about themselves, the gang, and what living here is like.

Pony told me he is a sophmore like me, but he is supposed to be a freshman but skipped a grade due to him having a very academic brain. He told me he enjoys reading, watching sunsets, and drawing. I loved how Pony had a very chill personailty but still was a very happy guy. Speaking of happy, Soda told me he dropped out of school and works at the DX, a local gas station in the town. He told me he works to help Darry with the bills and didnt need school "up his butt" too. Soda was a social butterfly who could put a smile on anybody face and thats what I liked about him.Soda also informed me about 2 social class rivalries and that I should always be careful walking around. We were classified as greasers and that Socs could jump me. I took his advice and took mental notes about what the 2 boys told me. Finally, Darry talked about how he does construction for a company to pay for bills, food, and other things to support his family. I felt bad about having to make him spend more money on me, but he assured me that it was fine and he did it out of love. I knew then Darry was going to be the father figure in my life that I lacked during my 16 years of life. I appreciated that and made sure I would take care of these boys and love them for all the things they're doing for me.

a/n: SO!!! I AM ACTUALLY GOING TO MAKE A REAL BOOK ABOUT THIS AND IM SUPER EXCITED. ITS CURRENTLY UNDER WRITIMG AND EDITING SO MAKE SURE TO CHECK IT OUT!!! THANKS 4 UR SUPPORT LY!!