As Long As You Love Me

"As long as you love me" His words repeated in my head. We were currently on a train ride to Tulsa, Ok, to escape our miserable, horrible lives here.

Flashback

"As long as you love me" he took my bag, shoved it in a stolen automobile, and drove off to the nesrest train station. Dally was on the run from the cops, and he stumbled into my house. Little did he know that my dad was an abusive drunk. He walked in on my dad slapping my cheeck, and he was about to grab another bottle to throw at me. Dal got in between us and knocked my dad out. Dally and I had been keeping our relationship a secret because of my dad.

"Next time you lay a hand on her, you'll be 6 feet undergroun!" he yelled and brought me upstairs.

"As long as you love me, we're under pressure. Seven billion people in the world tryna fit in." I sobbed in his chest as he stroked my hair, giving me kisses on the top of my head. After a minute or two, he got up and started packing a bag for me. I knew what he was doing. He wanted us to run away. I cried a little more. He rushed over to my side holding my clothes in one hand the other on my cheek.

"Keep it together, smile on your face, even though your heart is frowning."  he told me. I hugged him even tighter.

"But hey now, you know girl, we both know it's a cruel world. But I will take my chances as long as you love me."

Present

"We could be starving, we could be homeless, we could be broke. As long as you love me doll," he told me while rubbing my hand in a reassuring way.

"I'll be your platinum, I'll be your silver, and I'll be your gold," I replied giving him a soft. gentle kiss.

"As long as you love me, I'll be your soldier
Fighting every second of the day for your dreams, doll, so don't stress and don't cry."

"Oh, we don't need no wings to fly." I said brushing my tears away."

"I don't know if this makes sense, but you're my hallelujah. You know I got you, us, trust, a couple things I can't spell without U."

"Now we on top of the world 'cause that's just how we do." I smiled at him kissing his hand that was holding my cheek. The train was slowly departing away from the mean, cold streets of New York.

"Used to tell me sky's the limit, now the sky's our point of view." he told me remembering the words I told him on our very first date.

"So I know, we got issues baby, true, but I'd rather work on this with you."

"As long as you love me" he confessed as the train was moving south into our new life. I knew I loved him as ling as he loved me. And as long as I loved him, we would be together forever.