A date with Dan

“I can’t believe I’m doing this. This has got to be the dumbest thing I’ve ever done”, you mutter to yourself.

You stand there at the door of a house in a seemingly calm neighbourhood, with a PIN pad sitting right in front of you. All these thoughts rushing through your mind as you were about to put in the password. Were you about to get kidnapped? Was there a murderer hiding behind this door? Should you have brought a weapon to defend yourself just in case? There’s absolutely no good reason for you to be here and believe some person on the internet. There was no proof.

And yet, here you are, your hand moving closer to the PIN pad.

“3...2…8...8...9…”

You hear a whirring sound, and the door unlocks.

“Well, here we go…”

--- 1 week earlier ---

You had gone your whole life without officially having a boyfriend, and at this point you were desperate. Always making up excuses as you went along life, like waiting to be finished school so that you could focus on your studies, or waiting for your life to settle down once you landed that full-time job. But seeing more and more of your friends on Facebook posting wedding photos and you’re just sitting at home on your computer in your mid-twenties with literally only 3 dates worth of dating experience, you were lonely.

You didn’t consider yourself unattractive or anything (plus, social media these days tends to be pretty good about teaching self-acceptance), but you never felt like you were “enough”. You had the tendency to come off as shy or socially awkward, which just doesn’t seem to cut it in the online dating world. Guys you messaged on dating sites either ignored you, or straight up rejected your advances.

It was only recently that you started exploring your attraction to fat men. Something about how hot a large belly looked, stuffing food down someone’s gullet, and just how heavy some people could get was always incredibly attractive to you. But, considering the fact that you have never dated a fat guy (or really anyone for that matter), you tended to let your fantasies go wild and explore the more extreme sizes and immobility aspects.

Sure, it was unrealistic, but reading weight gain stories and viewing artwork of men growing to the ton-plus range in weight absolutely got you going.

But finally deciding to go on a whim, you signed up for a gay dating website that encouraged a lot of plus-sized members. Setting the search filters to things like 600+ pounds and stalking the photos of men on those sites turned into a bit of a hobby.

And on these sites, not having a profile picture was very discouraged as the members on the site knew that they were eye candy for people like you. You couldn’t help it, but for some reason you just couldn’t explain why this double-standard was okay, and why you were okay going anonymous.

But anyways, like any other Friday night, you logged into this website and did one of your searches to look at men who were past the quarter-ton mark. You check this website often, but only today you noticed a member who had signed up with a recorded weight of 2,000 pounds. Strangely enough, he lived in your city. However, knowing that it was a fake profile, you were somehow intrigued and decided to check him out.

And what a surprise, he had no photos uploaded.

To your dismay, you clicked away and carried on with your business.

Only 10 minutes into your night, a little message popped up in the corner of the window from a user named “OneTonPlus”. Probably one of those virus scam accounts that wanted you to click on a link…

And yet, you opened up the message and were greeted with a simple introduction:

“Hello!

I saw that you clicked on my profile and I noticed that we live in the same city… I’m here trying to meet people but other users keep ignoring me :/
Maybe I shouldn’t have put my weight on my profile, I can see how that might intimidate people. ;)