Malfunction

In a house of average size, a garage sale was being made, although it had a small difference, the homeowner was a scientist who designed several interesting objects, so they were unused things, since he invented them and he sold without prove it before, but that never brought him problems, since all his inventions worked without errors.

There were several people looking for something to buy, and others were passing through the area and observing the garage sale interrupted their activities to see something that might interest them, and it was at that time that a car parked near the house, and getting off the vehicle you could see a boy a little short, named Bob, twenty-four years old.

He was always lucky to buy things that would help him a lot with his homework, so he went to the garage sale to get something useful, you could see many things, several devices were for cleaning, others were for organizing books, even some instruments for cooking, but none of those things caught Bob's attention.

After several minutes, he saw something quite large that seemed to interest him, no doubt it was a robot, with wheels to move. Bob stopped to observe it carefully and without thinking twice decided to take it home, the scientist after selling it gave him a brochure with instructions on what it was and how to use it. He wrapped it in a box and with great effort managed to get it into the car, and thus return to his home.

It was a little long trip, but Bob term arriving at his home, was a small house where only he lived, although his yard was quite large. After arriving, he take the box with the robot to the basement, so he can rest after carrying something heavy on all the steps. While Bob leaned back in his chair, he began to read all the details of the booklet that was handed to him.

“Thank you for buying my new robot called PUMPBOT, it is designed to inflate any object with a nozzle that is in its range of action, when PUMPBOT starts, it starts to inflate the object until it is at maximum capacity, and then seal the nozzle with glue to prevent any leakage, it is equipped with a button that allows you to change his mode of inflation, you can choose air or helium, if you choose helium, in addition to sealing the nozzle, PUMPBOT uses a rope stored inside to tie the object and prevent fly away, when it start his work always take distance from the object to prevent it from exploding ,and finally his batteries are recharged when it is off, so there is no need to recharge his energy, enjoy my work”

That made Bob want to test it to see if it really worked as he said, so he went to the basement and took out an inflatable pool that he had stored, took it to the garden to have space, went to PUMPBOT, and started looking for the button where it began, and after circling around, he saw that he was behind quite hidden.

“CLICK”

In a second, the robot began to emit sounds and check all the objects that were near it, after a couple of minutes, it began to move and went to where the deflated pool was. The chest of the PUMPBOT opened, a hose came out and was inserted into the nozzle of the pool, then the sounds of the bomb emitted by the robot began to be heard, while Bob watched with great curiosity. In a short time the inflatable was growing and taking shape, and as it expanded, the PUMPBOT slowly backed away from the pool.

Bob was fascinated with the robot's work, and even more after seeing how inflated it very easily, without the difficulty he had when he had to inflate it by pumping manually. Time passed, until finally PUMPBOT stopped pumping, Bob then saw that something was running through the hose, but it wasn't the lumps that happened when it pumped, it was a much smaller lump, then he realized it was the glue, which at reaching the nozzle of the pool covered it completely, to finish the robot by removing the hose and putting it back in its chest.

With his full work, the PUMPBOT went out, that had surprised Bob, who could only admire how well the inflatable pool had been, he would surely use it within a few days because the weather at that time was very sunny. But just then the clouds began to cover the sun, announcing that a storm was going to break out. Bob knew that he had to buy some fast food or else he would run out of food for dinner, so he left home without wasting time, leaving the pool and the PUMPBOT outside, something he should not have done, before returning the rain and lightning strikes his house, causing the robot to remain under the entire storm, even the water from the sky had filled the pool.