Episode 23

Lincolns POV

I can hardly think straight as I pull her into my arms and carry her toward the residence. Soaked by rain and breathless, she is more beautiful than I have ever seen her. Without thinking I bring her to the side door of the greenhouse, she's the only person I've ever wanted to bring here.

As soon as the door is closed and we're out of the rain I press my mouth to hers. Kissing her feels like taking a deep breath for the very first time. My wolf feels stronger, bolder, awake, more than I have in years.

A small, almost inaudible whimper passes her lips, the sound sets me on fire. Holding her trembling body against mine, emotions that I've never felt, or thought I would feel, flood my system.

Something about her is so bewitching, I don't understand it. I've been trying to fight against it, to push it away. I can't take the way she looks at me. There is a boldness to her, a tenacity to go after exactly what she wants. Knowing that she wants me makes my entire body hum with excitement.

I set her on the ground, forcing myself to take a few steps away from her. I don't want to rush this.

"Lincoln," her breathy voice speaking my name sends a jolt of electricity down my spine, "what are we doing here?"

"Look," I point her toward a particular flower.

"It's beautiful," I watch her crouch down beside the flower, "what is it?"

"It's an Ipomoea alba, a moonflower, it only blooms in the moonlight. Once daylight starts to increase in the summer they bloom less, I thought I would show you now, before the season changes."

She looks up at me with a bright smile that nearly stops my heart. Somehow, I knew she would appreciate it.

"Do you care for all of these plants and flowers yourself?"

"Mostly, Luke helps some, he's got a green thumb."

She nods and continues looking at the flowers and plants. Sharing this with her feels different from anyone else, watching her enjoy this place fills me with pride.

The sound of the rain hitting the glass roof is the only noise. She walks down the path ahead of me, exploring, studying everything with clear curiosity.

"It's beautiful here," she looks up at me through her lashes and my breath catches. There is an innocence in her gaze. She isn't trying to provoke me but she is, just the same. She picks up a small red verbena flower from the ground near the bush and places it behind her ear in her hair.

She has no idea how seductive she is as I follow her further down the path. My eyes wander over her body. Her dress is still mostly wet and it clings to her skin. I can't look away from the curve of her hips, the rounded swell of her perfect ass.

Get a hold of yourself.

When she sees the miniature ivy covered house she stops and turns back excitedly.

"What is this?"

I can't help my smirk, "what, you didn't see this last time you were here?"

Her cheeks blush light pink, "no."

"It's a house, Cam asked me to make it for the golf course but then they changed the theme."

"Can we go inside?"

I hold my hand out to her, gesturing for her to go ahead.

I bend down to fit through the tiny door and take a seat on the floor. I've never been in here before. The ivy makes it feel hidden.

"This is so cute! I can't believe you made this!"

"I just built the wooden frame and grew ivy over it," I chuckle.

"It's magical, the entire greenhouse is. It feels like we're somewhere else, doesn't it? Like we've been whisked away." There is a wistfulness in her voice that makes me long to really whisk her away, to take her somewhere exotic and beautiful.

I've always seen this place as my escape, the sanctuary where I hide away from everyone and everything going on outside. Lately, I haven't felt like hiding as much as I used to.

"I'm sorry I came in here without permission. I can see how special this place is to you and to have someone just intrude... it was rude of me," her voice is soft and sincere.

"I was a prick about it. It's not such a big deal, I'm wary of meeting new people now, after... everything."

"That makes sense," she looks at me with understanding, I can see it in her eyes, she gets it. I don't have to explain it, she just knows.

She moves herself slightly, scooting closer to me. I'm sure it's intentional. I mimic her movements, inching my body closer to hers. Her lips twitch and it pushes me over the edge. I grab her and pull her toward me, spreading us out on the soft ground in the little ivy house.

When she lays her head on my chest I'm sure she can hear my heart rate accelerate.

She lifts her face up to look at me and my mind goes blank. All thoughts of taking things slowly vanish as I pull her slight body upward, pressing my mouth to hers again.

Her lips react instantly, kissing me with fervor. At some point I realize that in the heat of the moment I've rolled myself over on top of her.

When I break the kiss she stares up at me with swollen lips and hooded eyes.

A slow, crawling heat moves over my body, unlike anything I've ever experienced. I've been fighting off my attraction to her, trying to be fair to both of us but this... this is pleasure and pain, desire and need, life and death.

"Josephine," I don't even recognize the sound of my own voice. There is an audibly rough ache that rips at my vocal chords.

I need her to be forward, not to shy away. Deep in the recesses of my mind, I feel like this is wrong, like I don't deserve this but I want it so badly it's consuming me.

"Please, Lincoln," the begging tone in her voice makes me instantly desperate for more, for everything.

Want more of The Fairytales?  Read 5 completed books in this series, plus get access to over 30 adult romance titles on my Patreon (patreon.com/MyrandaRae) !

Updates weekly: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday

--