Episode 38

My eyes droop and my head starts to nod as I watch the clock. It's nearly three in the morning and the girls are still awake.

"Jo, go lay down! You have to look refreshed for tomorrow, we're almost done with these centerpieces. Please, get some rest!"

Four hours ago Maggie had an idea for elaborately designed centerpieces for the dinner table. They won't let me help them so I sit by uselessly watching them.

Each centerpiece is an overflowing bouquet of long-stemmed flowers. They are incredibly beautiful and will look amazing on the table.

I feel guilty for sleeping while they work late into the night for my event. I also hate to admit that I'm still hoping to sneak off to Lincoln.

He stopped by for a quick goodnight kiss and to remind me of what I'm missing a few hours ago.

Damn him.

The girls thought it was adorable and teased us about it, little did they know he was here to taunt me.

"Mags," I suddenly sit up, "where did you get the flowers?"

I was distracted earlier, it didn't occur to me that she suddenly had a large quantity of gorgeous flowers here.

"The greenhouse," she furrows her brow, probably confused by my extremely delayed reaction.

"These are Lincoln's flowers?"

"Don't worry... I didn't steal them," she chuckles, "he cut them himself."

"W-What?"

"Why are you so surprised?" Nabila questions softly, "he would do anything for you, Jo."

"I told him I needed flowers for centerpieces and he took me into the greenhouse straight away, told me to take my pick."

My eyes burn, tears welling up on my lashes as I try to hold them back. I know how much he loves those flowers, how much time and effort he puts into making sure they are cared for. To know that he so willingly gave so many of them, for me, for a one night event makes my heartache in my chest.

I try to act casually, to hide the fact that I'm now crawling out of my skin, I need to get to him, now. I don't care if I have to wake him from sleep. I need him. I need to pour my love into him. To make him feel the way that he makes me feel.

"Girls," I stand suddenly, "I have to go."

I can't wait another minute. I can't wait and sneak out while they're sleeping. I need to go to him.

"Honestly, I can't believe you lasted this long!" Nabila laughs.

"We were talking about placing bets," Maggie joins her, giggling, "you lasted much longer than I thought you would."

I feel my cheeks heat but I don't have time to care.

"Goodnight girls, get some sleep, please don't stay up all night doing this! Make sure you rest!" I yell over my shoulder as I make my way to the door.

I try to act normal since I know Luke sees everything but I can't help but to do an awkward walking jog. As I approach his room I feel myself relaxing, he's close by, I can feel him.

I open his door, expecting to find him in his bed but he's not there. I scan the room, finding him seated behind his desk, leaning on his elbow, fast asleep.

I walk toward him quietly, making sure I don't wake him. I notice his breathing change slightly as I get closer to him. His body is relaxing more with each step I take.

When I'm standing in front of his desk the moonlight from the window illuminates his face. He looks tired. During the day he tries to hide it but I know he's struggling with the fact that the sorcerers are still free.

My hand reaches forward on its own, on a mission. When my fingers brush through his soft hair he leans into my touch.

"Come to bed," I whisper gently.

He hums, his eyes fluttering open, "fucking finally, I thought you would never get away."

Instead of standing and coming to bed he takes my hand and ushers me around his desk to pull me into his lap.

"Hi," I breathe when we're face to face.

"Hi," he smiles before pressing a small kiss to my forehead.

"You cut your flowers," it comes out sounding accusatory.

"Yes...."

I'm as surprised as he is by my voice. I'm not angry that he cut them, just shocked.

"Why?"

"Jo, in comparison to you, the flowers don't matter, I have a whole greenhouse full. She said she needed flowers to make something pretty for you... she could have taken all of them. Your ceremony is going to be so small, the least I can do is ensure that it's beautiful. You deserve that much."

"I love you, Lincoln," the words spill past my lips before I can stop them. I've never meant anything more.

His eyes go wide and a smile spreads across his face. Before he can respond I press my lips to his while running my fingers through his hair, tugging it gently.

The kiss quickly goes from loving and sweet to sticky and hot. The air in the room feels heavier, settling in my lungs, making them burn.

I can feel him below me, between my legs, long and hard, for me. I reach down and pull and rip at his pants. I'm going to show him how much I love him, to make him feel it.

He helps me, taking one hand off my hips to yank his pants down far enough to free himself.

"Rip my panties, get them out of the way," I breathe against his mouth. He doesn't hesitate, pulling my panties roughly to the side, ripping them against my skin, removing the last barrier between us.

I don't waste a second sinking down onto him, a deep, vibrating growl shakes his chest. He fills me to the brim as I bring myself up and down on him.

"Fuck, slow down baby," his voice is as tight as his grip on my skin.

I can't slow down, I'm chasing the feeling that only he brings me, the fullness that only he creates.

I watch his eyes flicker as I start to lose myself in him. Tears roll down my cheeks as momentum builds. Everything feels heavy enough to crush me, my emotions are heightened painfully. My body is in overdrive, the flood of both of our passions flowing freely through the bond.

My mark starts to burn as I roll my hips faster.

"Jo," he sounds desperate as he leans his forehead down onto mine, closing his eyes painfully.

When I can't hold back any longer I bring my lips to his neck and suck softly over my mark on his skin.

His body jerks and his muscles tighten. Finally. I let myself go, both of us reaching a peak so high it's frightening. Our mixed cries of pleasure float in the thick air.

I fall forward against his chest, exhausted. At some point he moves us. I can feel his big, soft bed beneath me and his arms around me. I want to open my eyes but they're too heavy.

"I love you, too."

Authors Note: 😈😉

Want more of The Fairytales?  Read 5 completed books in this series, plus get access to over 30 adult romance titles on my Patreon (patreon.com/MyrandaRae) !

Updates weekly: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday

--